Crystal Lake, IL (PRWEB) November 22, 2013
Automotive Compliance Consultants said today its exhibits at both the American Financial Services Association and the National Automobile Dealers Association conventions in New Orleans in January will provide attendees insight into its WICS methodology for ensuring auto retailer compliance.
Automotive Compliance Consultant’s WICS audit system ensures dealers' compliance with the full range of federal and other regulations affecting their businesses. WICS – walk-through, inspect, compliance and security – helps to identity and remedy areas of vulnerabilities that exist in all dealerships.
Automotive Compliance Consultants will exhibit WICS at AFSA, Exhibit #309, at the Sheraton New Orleans, January 22-24, and at NADA, Exhibit #4555 January 24-27 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
Federal compliance regulations are written and enforced to protect consumers, thwart terrorists or those who would support them, stop identity theft, protect worker safety, and protect employees’ employment rights. Here are the broad regulatory areas for which dealerships must comply:
- Gramm, Leach, Bliley, pertaining to customer information security.
- OSHA, pertaining to worker safety and health.
- F&I, pertaining to consumer financing and aftermarket sales practices.
- EEO, pertaining to employment, hiring, and discrimination practices.
Compliance also pertains to:
- Managed gateways and other IT systems, which hackers might access to steal customer and dealership financial information.
- Warranty claims practices, which can help dealers avoid OEM warranty chargebacks and ensure that all claims are filed and filed correctly.
- How consumer funds are handled, to comply with The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Patriot Act to stop funds from moving to foreign enemies.
- Red Flags, designed to identify identity thieves before it is a problem for your dealership.
Automotive Compliance Consultants specializes in dealership compliance, providing in-dealership consultations and analysis, compliance audits and training, and offers solutions for all compliance needs. The Automotive Compliance Consultants staff has extensive experience in the retail automotive industry and focuses exclusively on dealership compliance issues.
Contact Terry Dortch at terry_dortch(at)compliantnow(dot)com or visit http://www.compliantnow.com.