Giving educators access to expert-vetted teaching strategies that are shown to increase student learning and engagement is essential to helping every educator become as effective as possible and preparing 100 percent of students for college and career.
Salt Lake City (PRWEB) November 21, 2013
School Improvement Network, the leader in educator effectiveness resources, today announced nine new video segments featuring teaching strategies demonstrated by effective educators in real classrooms in four states. The new videos are part of PD 360, the most widely used online professional development solution in the US.
“Giving educators access to expert-vetted teaching strategies that are shown to increase student learning and engagement is essential to helping every educator become as effective as possible and preparing 100 percent of students for college and career,” said Chet D. Linton, CEO and president of School Improvement Network. “As part of the PD 360 video library, these new teaching strategies give educators tips, resources, and expert-vetted pedagogy that can readily and quickly be applied in any classroom to make a meaningful, positive impact in helping students master content and build skills to support their continued growth and education.”
The teaching strategies videos include the following segments:
- “The Daily 5” - a student literacy program outlining five activities to increase student literacy
- “Role-Playing as Historians” - a teaching strategy to help students master critical thinking skills and take ownership in learning
- “Class Discussion Practices”
- “Peer Guidance for Student Misconceptions”
- “Formative Assessments for Three-Sentence Essays”
- “Readers’ Theater” - a teaching strategy and activity to help students connect with a text and increase reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- “Researching with Personal Devices” - includes ways to effectively incorporate technology and personal devices into texts and assignments
- “Literacy in Math with Writing Assignments”
- “Literacy Elements in Pop Culture”
All nine teaching strategy segments can be accessed as part of PD 360’s video library of over 3,000 expert-produced training videos. PD 360 also contains support tools and resources for educators teaching all grades and subjects, and a professional learning community of nearly one million educators.
About School Improvement Network
Founded in 1991 by teachers, School Improvement Network has spent decades researching and documenting the best practices and teaching strategies in education. From this research, School Improvement Network has developed the Educator Effectiveness System. This system delivers a process to improve teacher practice and teaching strategies, and gives educators a set of powerful tools to drive the process. Research shows that districts and schools that use the tools in the Educator Effectiveness System produce better teachers and, as a result, experience dramatic increases in student achievement, driving up student proficiency scores by an average of 19 percent in a single year. School Improvement Network works with thousands of schools and districts in every state and around the world and has visited over 3,500 classrooms to document best practices and teaching strategies in action. Learn more at http://www.schoolimprovement.com.
School Improvement Network and its logos are trademarks of School Improvement Network. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.