(PRWEB UK) 21 November 2013
A Miller Homes site manager is celebrating after taking the top award in the firm’s own annual Safety, Health and Environment Awards.
Tony Preece, site manager at Birkacre Park in Chorley, was named ‘Best in Company’ for his hard work and dedication in driving home the leading house builder’s safety, health and environment ethos on his site.
Amongst other things, judges were particularly impressed by Tony’s rigorous site induction style, approach to undertaking joint work area inspections with contractor supervisors, his initiation of sub-contractor review meetings, undertaking of regular mail shots to keep customers abreast of progress and issues and care for the health of all workers on his site.
Tony commented: “I am thrilled to have been named Best in Company in these important awards. I take my health, safety and environment responsibility very seriously, and firmly believe that good practice in this area can make a big different to the smooth operation of a site. To be recognised for having been successful in what I set out to achieve is really encouraging.”
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “These awards were introduced last year to recognise and reward those employees on site who are making a real effort to improve standards in safety, health and environment; and also to encourage all of our employees to do what they can to make the workplace safer and healthier.
“We have been impressed by the performances of all our employees, but Tony particularly stood out because of his proactive approach and the original initiatives he has adopted. He has demonstrated great skill in managing the challenges presented on site, as well as in ensuring the commitment and buy-in of all workers.
“A huge well done to Tony – he has done himself proud.”
All Miller Homes sites were eligible for consideration in the awards, and were assessed on specific criteria designed to identify the best performing sites during a year-long judging period.
Awards were presented in three categories: Best in Region, Best in Area and Best in Company. Eight site managers received Best in Region Awards, with three of those, including Tony, receiving Best in Area Awards before being put forward for the overall Best in Company Award.
Mark Herbert, site manager at Priory Meadow in St Neots, and David Mathie, site manager at Dalmore Mill in Auchendinny were also Best in Area winners, and regional winners were: John Kearns, Highfield Manor in East Kilbride; Simon Robson, The Meadows in Framwellgate Moor; Laurence McLaughlin, Brooklands in Gainsborough; Garry Bowler, The Portlands in Chesterfield; Keir Jones, Limekiln View in Telford.
Notes to editors:
About Miller Homes:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk.