Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) November 23, 2013
Five nights on a sailing yacht in the Caribbean, a 2014 Subaru Forester, a tattoo design by ambigram artist John Langdon of "The Da Vinci Code" fame and lunch with "The Simpson’s" writer Mike Reiss at the 20th Century FOX Studios in Los Angeles are just a few of the items up for auction at Drexel University’s first eBay fundraising auction.
The “Dream It, Bid It, Buy It” auction is currently taking place as a conclusion to Drexel’s “Dream It, Do It” fundraising campaign. All proceeds from the auction will support the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, including student scholarships and programs.
The auction began on Thursday, Nov. 14 at 4 p.m. EST and concludes on Sunday, Nov. 24 at 4p.m. EST. The auction is open to all eBay bidders and is available at the following link: http://www.ebay.com/drexeluniversity. Guests at the Anthony J. Drexel Society Gala on Nov. 23 will also have the opportunity to bid online during the event.
The auction was facilitated by Richelle Parham '91, an alumna who received a bachelor’s degree in business administration and marketing from Drexel’s LeBow College of Business and a bachelor’s degree in design arts, design and merchandising from the Westphal College. She is now vice president and chief marketing officer for eBay of North America.
Items up for auction include:
- Yacht excursion: Five nights on a 90-foot, fully-staffed sailing yacht with crew and chef in the Caribbean
- Two tickets to the U.S. Open: The tickets to the annual open golf tournament are for Sunday, June 15, 2014, at the Pinehurst Golf Resort in North Carolina, and will include a tent on 18th green.
- 2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited
- Washington, D.C., Capitol Experience: Private tour of the major monuments and Pentagon, private night tour of Capitol Building with a member of Congress, lunch with a member of Congress in the Member’s Dining Room, $1,000 gift card for hotel and/or airfare and a flag that has been flown over the Capitol.
- “The Simpsons” Experience: Lunch with “The Simpsons” writer Mike Reiss at the 20th Century FOX Studios in Los Angeles, and a personally guided tour of the studio and a visit to “The Simpsons” writers’ room.
- Philadelphia Sports Experience: Six Philadelphia Flyers tickets directly behind the Flyers goal for the Jan. 21 game, all you can eat and drink; four Philadelphia Phillies 2nd Row Diamond Club tickets directly next to the Phillies dugout, all you can eat and drink; two Philadelphia 76ers front row courtside tickets for the Dec. 7 game, all you can eat and drink; two Philadelphia Eagles Club level tickets, section C4, row 10 for the last home game on Dec. 22.
- MAD DRAGON Recording Experience: Two days to record and mix a song in Westphal's MAD DRAGON Studio’s premiere recording and mixing facility, Studio A, under the supervision of Grammy Award-winning recording engineer and producer Ryan Moys.
- Tattoo Design by John Langdon: An ambigram or other special lettering art treatment of name or word of winner’s choice by Langdon, an adjunct professor in the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, who created ambigrams for novels by author Dan Brown.
- Script Critique: Script consultation and lunch with film producer Christine Vachon, and an invitation to a future movie premiere.
- URBN Center Naming Opportunity: Naming of the dean's office suite at the brand new URBN Center, home of Westphal College.
- URBN Center Naming Opportunity: Naming of the digital media screening room at the brand new URBN Center, home of Westphal College.
- Fingerlakes Stay: One-week stay at a lakefront house in the Fingerlakes between Memorial Day and Labor Day 2014.
- Mamma Mia VIP Experience: Four house tickets and a backstage tour at the Broadhurst Theater on Broadway.
- Merion Golf Club Experience: Round of golf for three at Merion Golf Club with U.S. Open gear, cocktails and behind-the-scenes tour.
- Student Travel Package: Two roundtrip tickets on JetBlue to anywhere in the U.S. with roundtrip transportation to/from Philadelphia International Airport.
- Dinner at the Top with the Top: Dinner for eight with Drexel University's President John Fry and his wife Cara on the 12th floor of the brand new LeBow College of Business building.
- Boyz II Men Experience: Tickets to a concert by the R&B vocal group at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas and backstage passes.