Sunset’s editors have vast knowledge of the places that make the West a special place to live and work, but no list would be complete without our readers’ insight.
Menlo Park (PRWEB) November 25, 2013
In the February issue of Sunset magazine, its expert editors will reveal their selections for the top neighborhoods, towns, and cities in the West in “Best Places to Live and Work in the West.” The magazine is inviting readers to vote for their own favorite places to live and work in six categories. The readers’ choice winners will be featured alongside editors’ picks in the February 2014 issue.
To vote, go to the Sunset Westphoria blog by December 6. Share your choices and rally support for your hometown favorites by tweeting @SunsetMag #SunsetBestPlaces.
“We are extremely excited to give our readers the chance to let their voices be heard,” explained Peter Fish, Sunset Editor-at-Large. “Sunset’s editors have vast knowledge of the places that make the West a special place to live and work, but no list would be complete without our readers’ insight. We encourage readers to vote and spread the word to others by tweeting their favorite places to @SunsetMag #SunsetBestPlaces.”
For this feature, four semi-finalist locations were identified in six categories. The six categories were created based on where Westerners would want to live at different points in their lives, from recent college grads to young parents and empty nesters. The voting categories include:
- Best Places to Launch a Career - Nominees: Las Vegas, NV; San Francisco, CA; Santa Monica, CA; and Seattle, WA
- Best Places to Postpone a Career - Nominees: Carbondale, CO; Honolulu, HI; Kings Beach, CA; Walla Walla, WA
- Best Cosmopolitan Suburb - Nominees: Alameda, CA; Issaquah, WA; Louisville, CO; South Pasadena, CA
- Best Urban Neighborhood - Nominees: Highlands, Denver, CO; North End, Boise ID; Richmond, Portland OR; Sugar House, Salt Lake City
- Best Place to Re-Boot Your Life and Career - Nominees: Bellingham WA; Bend, OR; Bozeman, MT; Chico, CA
- Best Post-Career Locale - Nominees: Cambria CA; Corvallis OR; Durango CO; Flagstaff AZ
See if your town is in the lead by checking out voting results in real time at http://bit.ly/17rkN44.
Sunset (http://www.sunset.com) is the leading lifestyle brand in the West. Through magazines and books, events and experiences, and digital and social media, Sunset covers the West's best flavors, destinations, design trends, and innovations. Sunset engages and inspires an audience of over five million educated, active and affluent consumers every month through its five regional print editions—Pacific Northwest, Northern California, Southern California, Southwest and Mountain—as well as via all tablet devices and its website. In addition to its print and digital publication, Sunset showcases the region’s unique lifestyle and noteworthy destinations through its flagship events, established home programs, licensing partnerships, books and International Wine Competition. Sunset is part of the Time Inc. Lifestyle Group.