Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 25, 2013
Long-term care (LTC) is perhaps the last frontier for managed care — and maybe the toughest and the fastest growing in importance. States and health plans alike are realizing they must manage LTC services more effectively than they have in the past in order to control soaring costs and coordinate care. Atlantic Information Services’ Dec. 11 webinar, “Managed Long-Term Care: Evolving Strategies for Health Plans,” will outline where the best LTC opportunities for health plans lie, and what strategies to use to mine them more effectively.
Three experts — Gary Jacobs, managing director of health care government programs consulting for PricewaterhouseCoopers, David Wagner, vice president of LTC and product development at Sunshine State Health Plan, and Paula Huston, executive director of Network Health Unify — will discuss what’s happening on payment rates, staffing, long-term services and supports (LTSS), and compliance. Webinar participants will receive answers to questions like:
- What kinds of procurement approaches are being used for managed LTC nationwide?
- How do state approaches differ in areas such as network contracting and care management?
- What are the levels and methods of determining payment rates for managed LTC?
- What compliance standards will managed LTC plans have to meet?
- How did Florida develop its new Medicaid managed long-term care procurement? What steps is the plan that won the most regions in this procurement taking to get ready for that giant program?
- What are the staffing and facility levels associated with Florida’s initiative?
- How is Massachusetts approaching LTC for duals in its just-launched, CMS-approved demonstration program?
- How is one of the Massachusetts plans offering LTC in the duals initiative handling the challenges in implementation and financing?
- Where do the greatest opportunities exist for a health plan seeking to enter — or improve upon its current — managed LTC business?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3m51_121113 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.