Washington, DC (PRWEB) November 26, 2013
Physicians have long used the buy-and-bill process for specialty drugs they administer in their offices. But while some health plans have been implementing tactics to manage these medications, it has become a high priority to manage a broader array of specialty therapeutic products under the medical benefit. “Beyond Buy and Bill: Managing Specialty Therapeutics Under the Medical Benefit,” the upcoming Dec. 12 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will discuss effective strategies for identifying and managing an array of specialty therapeutics under the medical benefit.
Participants will hear insights from two industry leaders — Debbie Stern, R.Ph., president of Rxperts Inc., and F. Michael White, PharmD, CSP, director of clinical pharmacy services with BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST). In 60 minutes of presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, the webinar will provide valuable perspectives on:
- What kinds of claims should plans look for within the medical benefit? What path should they take to identify them? And what should plans do once they’ve found them?
- Which health plan departments need to be participating in this process?
- What are the most difficult challenges with the data in the medical benefit?
- How has the shift from physician office administration of specialty drugs to hospital outpatient departments impacted the cost and management of these drugs?
- What strategies will succeed for payers to direct members to the most efficient site of care?
- What unique management challenges do specialized therapies (e.g., immune globulin and hemophilia factor) pose? What unique challenges accompany oncology drugs?
- What impact are bundled claims having on the identification of specialty drugs submitted under the medical benefit?
- How are companion diagnostics impacting the management of specialty drugs and what can payers do about it?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3p50_121213 for more details, including speaker biographies and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.