Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) November 27, 2013
Mosaica Education is a leading, global education organization that manages and operates K-12 schools and provides educational services around the world. The majority of schools in the Mosaica network are charter schools based throughout the United States where Mosaica Education currently employs over 1,500 educators.
USC Rossier is ranked #17 among graduate schools of education by U.S. News & World Report. In 2009, USC Rossier began delivering its academically rigorous graduate teaching programs online, providing aspiring and existing teachers with a unique blend of live class sessions, online self-paced coursework and hands-on field-based teaching experiences.
Through this collaborative partnership, USC Rossier will provide Mosaica Education teachers who enroll in USC Rossier online programs with a $5,000 scholarship. The partnership enhances placement and career opportunities to USC Rossier students and graduates with a significant school system in the United States, as well as international schools. The partnership also provides the following benefits to Mosaica Education:
- Ability to observe potential job candidates: USC Rossier master’s candidates based near a Mosaica Education school will complete their student teaching, also known as Guided Practice, with Mosaica Education. This provides Mosaica Education the benefit of observing and evaluating teacher candidates in action allowing the district to effectively identify the best potential future hires.
- USC Rossier Commitment: A groundbreaking pledge from USC to ensure the success of all of its graduates by supporting their continuous improvement and professional classroom success for the span of their teaching careers. Any USC Rossier alumnus who is facing a professional challenge and reaches out to USC Rossier will receive a plan for improvement from a faculty Rossier Response Team.
- Access to the USC Rossier renowned alumni network: USC Rossier has a robust international and nation-wide alumni base of Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education in Advanced Instruction graduates. Mosaica Education will have access to USC Rossier teacher online portfolios and can tap into this network to recruit highly qualified teachers.
- Access to USC Rossier education seminars: USC Rossier’s expert faculty often holds educational and topical seminars on the web. These webinars have previously covered such topics as a review of Common Core Standards, academic language, gifted education, and arts integration.
- Scholarships: Mosaica Education employees and faculty who pursue a USC Rossier Online program will be awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
“We feel privileged to have been chosen by USC Rossier as a partner to develop teaching candidates into exceptional instructional leaders,” says Gene Eidelman, President of Mosaica Education. “As a long-time friend of Barbara Rossier, and supporter of her belief and vision, we feel honored to support the school, faculty and students who bear her name in every way that we can. We are also excited to extend the valuable professional development and recruitment services that USC Rossier has offered in this partnership along to our schools and staff.”
“We’re happy to welcome Mosaica Education to the USC Rossier Trojan Family. Our partnerships with high quality education systems around the country are critical to the success of our MAT graduates. Mosaica shares Rossier’s vision of preparing and supporting exceptional teachers who can help all students, whatever their circumstances, to learn and succeed,” says Karen Symms Gallagher, Dean of the USC Rossier School of Education.
For more information on Mosaica Education, visit mosaicaeducation.com For more information on USC Rossier and their online programs, visit rossieronline.usc.edu.
About Mosaica Education
Mosaica Education is a leading global education organization that manages K-12 schools and provides educational services around the world. Originally founded (in 1997) as a charter school management organization, today Mosaica Education is the only US-based education organization serving preschool through high school students in public, private, charter and online education settings, in the United States and globally, that has also developed award-winning curriculum. Mosaica Education currently manages over 100 preschool, elementary, junior high and high school programs across the United States, United Kingdom, India and Mexico, and serves approximately 25,000 students.
About the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
The mission of the USC Rossier School of Education (ross-EAR) is to improve learning in urban education locally, nationally, and globally. Rossier leads the field in innovative, collaborative solutions to improve education outcomes. Our work is field-based, in the classroom, and online, and reflects a diversity of perspectives and experiences. We pride ourselves on innovation in all our programs, preparing teachers, administrators, and educational leaders who are change agents. We support the most forward-thinking scholars and researchers, whose work is having direct impact on student success in K-12 schools and higher education. We are leaders in using cutting-edge technology to scale up our quality programs for maximum impact.