The IQS229 is the first device to offer a solution to meet the latest FCC SAR requirements. The unique movement detector prevents the output from clearing when the tablet or phone is held for long periods.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) December 03, 2013
Azoteq, the world leader in proximity and touch solutions, today announced the release to market of the IQS227, IQS228 and IQS229. The IQS229 is the first capacitive proximity controller specifically designed for SAR compliance in mobile devices (IEC 62209-2, FCC KDB 616217). The IQS229 incorporates a unique movement detector, which can be used in applications where proximity or touch detection is required for prolonged periods.
The IQS227 and IQS228 are new versions of the popular single channel IQS127 and IQS128 controllers. The IQS227/228 offer several improvements such as a lower operating voltage, lower power consumption, and more configurable options.
"The IQS229 is the first device to offer a solution to meet the latest FCC SAR (specific absorption rate) requirements for cell phones and tablets to reduce RF power when the device is in close contact to a human. The unique movement detector prevents the output from clearing when the tablet or phone is held for long periods," said Kobus Marneweck, VP of Marketing.
The IQS229 movement detector can also be used in many other applications such as headphones, wearable devices and medical devices to detect when the device is being used and power down when not in use.
- IQS229 - SAR compliance according to IEC 62209-2 standard and FCC KDB 616217 - D04 SAR
- IQS228 - DYCAL Intelligent Hysteresis
- IQS229 - Movement detector
- Internal Capacitor Implementation
- Automatic Electrode Tuning Implementation
- Supply voltage: 1.8V to 3.6V
- Minimal external components
- User programmable (OTP) functions
- I/O Sink or Source selection
- Time-out for stuck key detection
- Proximity and Touch sensitivity
- Touch: 6 mm plastic, 10 mm glass
- SAR Proximity: 2.5 cm
- IQS227, 228 - 6 pin TSOT23-6
- IQS229 – DFN-10
- Handheld detection for Tablet PC’s
- On-ear detection for mobile phones
- Human Interface Devices
- Proximity Detection Enabled Backlighting
- Touch and proximity without host controller
- Wearable devices
- White goods and appliances
Pricing and Availability
The IQS227 will be priced at $0.21, the IQS228 at $0.23 and IQS229 at $0.27 all in quantities of 1000. For orders of greater than 1M the IQS227 is priced at $0.11.
About Azoteq (Pty) Ltd
Azoteq (Pty) Ltd (http://www.azoteq.com) is the world leader in proxmity and touch solutions for switches, sliders, scroll wheels and touch screens in consumer and industrial applications. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has design and manufacturing centers in South Afica and China. Azoteq (Pty) Ltd has sales offices and distributors in South Africa, Asia, Europe and the USA.
IQ Switch®, ProxSense®, LightSenseTM, AirButton®, DYCALTM are trademarks of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd.