Washington, DC (PRWEB) December 03, 2013
The management of diabetes in the U.S. is costly and complex, as it frequently involves the presence of several associated conditions treated by a slew of medications. As costs are expected to continue their sharp rise with the ever-growing prevalence of diabetes in the U.S., more payers are experimenting with new modes of outreach and intervention in this troubled patient population. “Managing Diabetes Care: Health Plan/PBM Strategies to Improve Medication Compliance,” the upcoming webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will detail groundbreaking intervention strategies to improve diabetes medication adherence.
On Dec. 17, participants will hear Jean Baltz, diabetes strategic consultant with Humana Inc., and Joshua Fredell, Pharm.D., pharmacist and director of product innovation and management at CVS Caremark, discuss the unique challenges associated with compliance, and specific strategies to achieve positive outcomes and cost savings. In 60 minutes of presentations and 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, participants will get reliable strategic information on key questions such as:
- What are the most effective treatment options for types 1 and 2 diabetes?
- What are the main barriers to medication compliance to achieve metabolic goals?
- What does an ideal adherence identification tool describe and define?
- What are the first steps to addressing adherence for the elderly and polypharmacy?
- How can adherence be improved by combining clinical care with elements of patient-specific education?
- What savings on diabetes treatment costs can health plans expect through better adherence? What is the best way to measure return on investment in this area?
- How can interventions be tailored to address the different needs of members, which are often complicated by comorbid conditions?
- How does CVS Caremark incorporate research and consumer insights into its evolving efforts to improve adherence?
- How can a continuous adherence intervention plan be applied to maintain improved medication management?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3p52_121713 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.