Freiburg, Germany (PRWEB UK) 27 November 2013
Paragon Software Group (PSG), the leader in data backup, disaster recovery and data migration solutions, announces Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0, a one-step tool to help with Windows systems migration to new storage devices – solid-state drives (SSDs) and hard disk drives (HDDs). Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 instantly performs fast and safe Windows migrations to HDD or SSD and even downsizes to smaller capacity drives, thanks to advanced data exclusion capabilities. You can transfer a live system with no impact to your work, and have your partitions automatically aligned in the process, if needed. The new release fully supports Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 and comes with the new user-friendly interface that is fully compatible with the Windows 8 streamlined, tile-oriented interface.
As PC users seek to take advantage of SSDs’ better access time, read/write speeds, and resistance to physical shock from drops, the challenge becomes moving massive amounts of data, applications and the operating system from the existing hard drive to a smaller SSD. Paragon’s intuitive wizard simplifies the migration process, automatically downsizing the source system volume and providing intelligent selection of specific files when migrating to smaller-capacity drives, and auto-aligning copied system partitions – all without rebooting the system.
New and major features in Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0:
- NEW! Support for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- NEW! Windows 8-style GUI
- The option to build a WinPE bootable media to do migrations or to fix various boot problems without installing the product
- Migration of 64-bit Windows systems configured to the uEFI-based boot mode directly under Windows, without any work interruption or having to reboot
Key product features include:
- Migrates Windows to larger or smaller storage devices in a single operation
- Supports all Windows systems since XP, including Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- Migrates 64-bit Windows systems configured to the uEFI-based boot mode
- Automatically aligns partitions on the destination disk, if necessary
- Automatically detects and copies Microsoft Reserved Partition (MSR) for successful migrations of Windows 7
- Allows the user to exclude data during the process in order to fit in to the destination disk
- Processes locked (in-use) disks with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to migrate without rebooting Windows
- Includes Paragon's time-proven move/resize functionality
- Guarantees safety for the system and data
The technology that powers Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 comes from Paragon's Hard Disk Manager 14, the company's recently upgraded full-function disk management toolkit that also provides optimization of NTFS volumes, Windows migration to dissimilar hardware, backup and recovery, simplified virtualization of an existing system, and more.
Pricing & Availability:
Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 4.0 is available for a limited offer price of $13.95 (regular price $19.95) via download from http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/migrate-OS-to-SSD/