The toys will not only demonstrate God's love to these children, but the gospel message will be shared as they receive their toys.
Tucson, AZ (PRWEB) December 03, 2013
Drop locations will be set up at various locations across the country through Dec. 17 during the drive, including cities with Family Life Radio affiliates and partners.
“The toys will not only demonstrate God's love to these children, but the gospel message will be shared as they receive their toys,” Family Life Radio Vice President of Ministry Evan Carlson said. “Youth Haven, and several other organizations that we have partnered with, host Christmas parties with the children, and during the party each child has an opportunity to accept Jesus as his or her Savior.”
Carlson said toys should be new and unwrapped and suited for children 7-13.
Family Life Radio has developed a suggested list of gifts for the drive. They include:
- Soap/lotion gift sets
- Back packs
- NERF balls (all sports)
- Craft kits (such as bead making kits or sand art)
- Trading cards: baseball/football/basketball
- Hair accessories or jewelry (in good taste)
- Collector cars, remote-control cars (please include batteries if required)
- Coloring & Activity books/crayons
- Model cars & planes, all levels
- Thinsulate gloves – ages 7-13
- Lego, Technic toys, K’Nex & Magnetix Sets
- Collector Dolls (for older girls), black & white
- Puzzles (less than 500 pieces)
Youth Haven, with locations in Michigan and Arizona, has been meeting the needs of underprivileged children since 1968. The children attend programs free of charge, and Youth Haven does not receive state or federal support.
Family Life Radio, with headquarters in Tucson, AZ, and more than 40 stations across the country, is a powerful voice for prayer and God’s word. The ministry provides music, programs and inspirational content that help listeners experience hope in Christ. Find out more about our nationwide network of Christian radio stations and global outreach of our web sites and social media pages at myflr.org or Facebook.com/familyliferadio.
For more information, contact National Promotions Manager Mike Spiva at 520-219-7703.