Palo Alto, CA (PRWEB) December 09, 2013
Abaqus, Inc., a provider of the first-of-a-kind myGeoTracking cloud-hosted location and messaging platform, has launched its new hybrid myGeoTracking Location Agent application for iOS/Android devices, which combines Wi-Fi micro cell location with GPS and Cell-ID information to provide a seamless mobile resource management capability for most smartphones used in North America.
This hybrid approach extends the myGeoTracking cloud-based mobile Resource management platform to provide a continuum of location features that scales gracefully from indoor Wi-Fi location, to GPS location, to Cell-ID location depending on local conditions.
Once Registered and opted-in, the myGeoTracking Location Agent is a simple app that requires no interaction by the end user or any user training. The App seamlessly ties into the business rules established on the web site and will automatically power up, track, and go into sleep mode based on the back-office established schedule. All of the management and reporting tools still reside on the web, including on-demand or automatic location tracking, work scheduling, mobile time & attendance, bread-crumbing, geofencing and geotagged Enterprise messaging.
“As we’ve broadened our customer base, we’ve seen a number of cases where there’s a growing need for more constant, native location data combined with our cloud based provisioning and management dashboard,” said Shailendra Jain, CEO of Abaqus. “The new myGeoTracking Location Agent allows companies to replace their highly complex app-only solutions or expensive in-vehicle GPS device solutions with a hassle-free yet more powerful Cloud + Smartphone approach.”
The myGeoTracking Location Agent app can be customized for various vertical industries and includes features such as:
- Full location coverage – the Hybrid Wi-Fi/GPS/Cell-ID combination seamlessly transitions from indoor location, to GPS, to cell tower based information as the situation requires.
- No end-user interaction or training. The Location Agent has a very light footprint that enables location and cloud-hosted controls without requiring any input from the user. The app will even power itself up & down automatically when the phone is turned off and on, and start and stop on schedules set via the cloud-based management portal.
- Cloud-hosted management portal for service administration including rules, alerts, geo- fencing, Enterprise messaging and reporting.
- Supports most smartphones in North America.
- Supports location and workforce management services in 173 countries.
Visit http://www.mygeotracking.com for more information and to sign up for a free trial.
Download iOS app from: https://itunes.apple.com/US/app/id751216884?mt=8.
Download Android app from: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.abaqus.mygeotracking.deviceagent&hl=en.
Abaq.us, Inc., based in Palo Alto, CA, is a leading provider of cloud-hosted, carrier grade location and messaging solutions which help SMB and Enterprise businesses better manage their mobile employees and assets, improving productivity and accountability, while reducing payroll and operations costs. The myGeoTracking platform enables solutions across a wide range of industries, from mobile field force companies, emergency responders and mobile marketing firms, to transportation companies seeking driver and load management solutions, USPS contract support and Hours of Service e-logging -- without any impact on their devices, service plans, or cell phone costs. Abaq.us also provides custom solutions on a wide array of platforms tailored to match your company’s needs. Visit http://www.mygeotracking.com for more information.