Park City, Utah (PRWEB) December 04, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, the number one online small business health benefits solution, published new information on small business company culture.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, building a rockstar company culture. It's more than just "fun shirt Friday" or "hump day happy hour". It's what a business strives to be - the vision for who it is, how it treats people, and what the company is all about.
Focusing on company culture is not just for the "big dogs". It is something that small business owners should also focus on. Considering most companies fail because of internal dysfunction, it's worth carving out the time to build and foster a culture that helps a business grow.
So how does a small business get started in thinking about company culture?
- Document the values and the vision for company culture.
- Hire wisely.
- Evolve as the business grows.
- Does the physical office space reinforce the culture?
- Be open & honest.
- Connect in a meaningful way about company culture.
- Assign a culture king (or queen).
- Get leadership on board. Employees look to leadership to set the example for company culture. Leadership needs to be on board with the vision, reinforce the culture, and lead by example.
- Listen to employees. While leadership's involvement is vital, it's also important to listen to employees. Usually employees are just as keyed in - if not more keyed in - to the company's real culture.
- Stay focused.
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHealth") for defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to small businesses and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about Zane Benefits, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.