Latest Survey Shows 27% of Sailors Never Use Sails When on Water

Goolets shocking results may open up a new trend in the sailing industry. What about sailing program for people that do not really care about sailing?

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friend

Dubrovnik, Croatia (PRWEB) December 06, 2013

A customer survey by a boat charter agency Goolets Ltd, that took part during the summer season 2013, gave some surprising results. It turned out that as many as 27% of customers consider comfort more important than sailing itself, even though they found it important during the first inquiry. When asked to point out the single most important reason, the majority chose that numerous activities on- and off-board overshadowed their need for sailing. That came as a surprise because numerous people insisted on the inclusion of sailing into the program, only to put it on the sideline when they got on the boat. Goolets Ltd responded by developing a product to fit this segment.

URL: http://www.goolets.com/truth-about-sailing/

“Sailing for people that do not really care of sailing”

URL for this program: http://www.yachting.goolets.com/programs

Mitja Mirtic, CEO of Goolets Ltd, says the results were not what he expected: “Company decided to do this survey when it got feedback from the owners, citing many instances of never setting the sails, even though it was an important part of the official program. The people in the industry,” continues Mirtic, “never seemed to notice the amount of people not interested in sailing.” Alenka Dornik, the finance director, points out that the launch of a new product may result in substantial increase of company’s revenue. “The company has full confidence that the program we developed will open up a new trend in boat charter industry,” Dornik concludes. The program is intended to serve the aforementioned share of people that are interested in sailing, but do not put it on top of their list.
More info about the entire “Sailing” on this link: http://www.yachting.goolets.com/.

Top 5 reasons that clients most often cite as being more important than sailing are as follows:
1. Safety for their families and children
2. Not having to cook and clean up while on holidays
3. Having enough room to enjoy privacy when they want to
4. Exploring the natural and historic sites of importance
5. Having a toilet and a shower which is actually usable

Out of 124 charters organized for those who requested a sailing experience, 31 with 334 (27%) people on it never raised sails.

37% out of 334 people in group A never asked or even remembered, the remaining 63% raised sails only to take pictures.

Out of 93 charters (with 903 people on board) that did use sails, 82% did some sailing 2-4 times and had enough, the remaining 17% sailed every day and loved it.

When the respondents in group B were asked about the sailing possibilities of gulet boats, 23% of 903 people were disappointed, but said that this would not affect their decision to come back on a gulet boat again.

Conclusion: Qualitative aspects of this research clearly show that a large portion of people that brag about their sailing, do so simply because they want to impress others, all the while preferring more comfortable options. There is still a large portion of people that actually “go sailing”. But gulet cruises are a fine alternative for people that like the “concept of sailing” but also put a lot of emphasis on comfort, safety, great food and pure “old” relaxation.

About Goolets Ltd: Company is one of the leading players in a gulet boat charter market. Their business is mainly centered in the Mediterranean basin. They organize private and cabin charters. More info available at http://www.goolets.com.

###


Contact

Follow us on: Contact's Google Plus