San Diego, CA (PRWEB) December 03, 2013
A panel of international designers will share their visions on design during an event, Dec. 12 in San Diego that marks the launch of a new product design program being offered through the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD for the 2014-2015 school year. The twelve presenters, who represent Europe, Latin America and the United States, will demonstrate how powerful product design can be in creating unique experiences and interactions in our daily lives. The panelists bring product design background from their current or previous work with global firms such as San Francisco-based frog, Nike, and Motorola, as well as from their own prestigious firms. The confirmed speakers for the event, which is being held at the NewSchool of Architecture and Design in San Diego, are:
- Ricardo Camargo: President and Creative Director of Vapor Studio in Encinitas, Calif.
- Ezequiel Farca: Chief Creative and Executive Officer of EZEQUIELFARCA international design firm in Mexico City
- Joan Gregor: Founder and CEO of INTERSECTION-INC. in San Diego
- Jennifer Luce: Principal and Founder of Luce et Studio in San Diego
- Ron Miriello: Director of Miriello brand expression in San Diego
- Dario Miticocchio: User Experience Design at Hewlett Packard, formerly Industrial Design Creative Director; freelance consultant on Innovation
- Daniel Mota Veiga, Design Manager at INTERSECTION-INC. in San Diego
- Chuck Pelly: Chief Creative Officer at INTERSECTION-INC. in San Diego
- Gad Shannan: CEO of GadLight Inc. in La Jolla, Calif.
- Marco Susani, co-founder of Koz Susani Design in Chicago/Formerly Vice President of Global Digital Design at Motorola USA
- Roberto Tagliabue: Previously Director of Experience Design at Jawbone/Director of Digital Innovation at Nike. Based in Portland, Oregon.
- Roberto Veronese, Creative Director at frog, the global strategy and design firm in San Francisco
“We are pleased to be hosting this group of esteemed designers who bring a remarkable range of perspectives to the design fields through their experience working for international design firms and for clients around the world,” said Elena Pacenti, Director of the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD. “Their approaches to design set the stage for the kind of innovative and inspiring perspectives our product design students will develop at the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD.”
The Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD is a center of global design education in San Diego dedicated to inspiring a new generation of innovative designers through its collaborations with the famed Domus Academy in Milan, Italy, named one of the “World’s Best Design Schools” by Businessweek. As part of the NewSchool of Architecture and Design (NSAD), the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD offers interior design and product design programs with an international and interdisciplinary focus. The programs incorporate global design into the curriculum through classes in San Diego and by offering students the chance to study abroad at Domus Academy in Milan, Italy - at no additional tuition cost. To learn more about the new product design program: http://www.newschoolarch.edu/news-events/1542.htm.
What: Innovation by Design
When: Dec. 12, 2013, 6 p.m. –8 p.m.
Where: NewSchool of Architecture and Design, 1249 F Street. San Diego, Calif.
Event Details: Panelists share inspiring examples of product design during this interactive event that will provide opportunities for the audience to mingle with panelists and participate in a round of “Design Bingo.” Italian-inspired foods and beverages will celebrate the educational collaborative efforts that are bringing these exciting new design-related programs to San Diego through the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD/NewSchool of Architecture and Design.
RSVP: Make sure to reserve your seat at innovationbydesign.eventbrite.com or contact acearley(at)newschoolarch(dot)edu.
About the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD
The San Diego-based Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD is inspired by the quality and innovation of Italian design education leader Domus Academy in Milan, Italy - named one of the “World’s Best Design Schools” by Businessweek. As a result of this collaborative relationship, NewSchool of Architecture and Design (NSAD) now offers a Bachelor of Arts in Interior Design and a Bachelor of Arts in Product Design through the Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD. The programs incorporate global design into the curriculum through classes in San Diego and by offering students the chance to study abroad at Domus Academy in Milan, Italy - at no additional tuition cost. The Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD is supported and guided by an advisory board of leading designers from around the world. The Domus Academy School of Design at NSAD complements NSAD’s interdisciplinary offerings of design-related programs that include architecture, construction management, digital media arts, animation, game art and game programming. Both NSAD and Domus Academy are part of the Laureate International Universities network.
Learn more: http://domusacademyschoolofdesign.com/