At our events, we strive to provide high-quality, welcoming, opportunities where innovators and high-level executives from all corners of the TV ecosystem can discuss new ideas and technologies, changes occurring, what has been learned and what’s next.
New York (PRWEB) December 05, 2013
InteractiveTV Today, [itvt], the most widely read and trusted news source on multiplatform interactive and social TV, today announced that its landmark event, The TV of Tomorrow Show (TVOT), is returning to New York on December 11th, preceded by the first-ever TVOT NYC Hackathon, beginning December 10th. Throughout its seven-year reign, TVOT has become known to thought leaders and creatives in the industry as a “must-attend” event. With executives from leading innovators of the reinvention of TV such as ABC, Adobe, Bravo, Comcast, Cognitive Networks, Digitalsmiths, LG Electronics, National Geographic Channels, NBC, RDK Management and others, TVOT’s reputation for bringing together the movers and shakers in the Interactive and Multiplatform Television industry/community continues to expand. TVOT NYC 2013 will also be host to an IAB Agency Day event. To register for TVOT NYC 2013, click here.
TVOT NYC 2013 is unique compared to other industry events as it is carefully designed to encourage networking, relationship-building and deal-making. The goal is to enable the pay-TV operators, consumer electronics manufacturers, social media companies, entrepreneurs and technologists who are building the TV platforms of tomorrow to engage in a productive exchange of ideas with the brands, broadcasters, networks, agencies, investors, producers/creators, developers, designers, storytellers and other stakeholders upon whom the success of those platforms depends.
Sponsors of TVOT NYC 2013include: Adobe, LG, Cognitive Networks, Digitalsmiths, TMS, Audible Magic, NeuLion, Rentrak, Kantar Media, Nuance, Lingospot, ExciteM, PayPal, iPowow, BrightLine, Metrological, Kwarter, wywy, Canoe, Ensequence, Rovi, Visible World, Visiware, Ostmodern, Civolution, the IAB, the 4A's, and Breakaway Communications.
Sponsors of the first-ever TVOT NYC Hackathon, taking place December 10th, include: Comcast, NBCUniversal, zeebox, TMS, Interlude, Gracenote and Dish Network. To register for the TVOT NYC Hackathon (#tvothack), click here.
Highlights of this year's show include:
- A keynote from the CEO of National Geographic Channels, David Lyle
- A keynote fireside with Matthew Zelesko, Time Warner Cable’s SVP of Technology, and Jeff Baumgartner, technology editor at Multichannel News, discussing why attendees, programming network and agency executives, as well as app developers, should be tracking the roll-out of the RDK and the impact a common technology stack could have on the people building the television experience of the future.
- A session around the TV Everywhere phenomenon. Participants ranging from Fox Networks, Time Warner Cable, Turner Broadcasting, A+E Networks, Adobe, Rentrak and Comcast Cable will attempt to identify the most significant recent developments in TVE, and to anticipate how they will impact television's roadmap over the coming year and beyond--from the perspective of broadcasters and content providers, pay-TV operators, the advertising business, viewers and other stakeholders.
- The winner of the TVOT NYC 2013 Hackathon will be announced, and the hacks of all three finalists will be showcased. At stake will be a $6,000 Grand Prize, sponsored by Comcast, NBCUniversal and zeebox.
- A Holiday Cocktail Party, sponsored by Rentrak, which will feature scotch and rum tastings, artisanal beers and wines, and a special Rentrak cocktail!
“The multiplatform television industry is constantly changing and this year has been very exciting. With TV Everywhere, RDK, Advertising 2.0 and other trends shaping the marketplace, the conversation about how all of this will create new content and advertising experiences and monetization opportunities continues to become more relevant every day and that is exactly what we focus on at TV of Tomorrow Shows,” said Tracy Swedlow, founder of [itvt]. “At our events, we strive to provide high-quality, welcoming, opportunities where innovators and high-level executives from all corners of the TV ecosystem can discuss new ideas and technologies, changes occurring, what has been learned and what’s next. It’s an invigorating environment and a good use of everybody’s time. We’re thrilled to be back in NYC this year.”
Here is what attendees have said about previous TVOT events:
- “You truly put together the best group of people!” – Sherry Brennan, SVP, Digital Strategy & Development, Fox Networks
- “Tracy, a huge thanks for a brilliant TVOT event, and for that much-coveted speaking opportunity--hugely appreciated.” – Anthony Rose, Co-Founder and CTO, zeebox
- “The tone [of TVOT] was just right, the city and people were fantastic and the organizers were so friendly and helpful.” – Claire McHugh, CEO of Axonista
- “Loved everything at [the TVOT NYC 2012 show].” – Lisa Hsia, EVP of Digital Media, Bravo
- “I greatly enjoyed the TVOT conference in SF. I found it inspiring and met some great people.” – Fabian Birgfeld, Founder and Director, W12 Studios
Follow TVOT on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/TVOTshow.
About Interactive TV Today:
Founded in 1998 by Tracy Swedlow and co-owned by Richard Washbourne, Interactive TV Today [itvt] is the most widely read and trusted news source on the rapidly emerging medium of multiplatform, broadband interactive television (ITV).We provide concise, original coverage of industry developments, technologies, content projects, and the people building the business to our readership, which is made up of hundreds of thousands of executives from around the world.
For further sponsorship information or speaking opportunities, please contact:
CEO, Editor-in-Chief and Executive Producer of TVOT
415 824 5806
For media relations inquiries, please contact:
Breakaway Communications for TVOT
212 616 6003