Preferred Pest Control in Savannah, Ga., suggests travelers take special precautions to prevent bringing bed bugs into their homes.
Savannah, GA (PRWEB) December 08, 2013
In response to the growing public fear of bed bugs, Preferred Pest Control in Savannah, Ga., has released a list of tips and tricks that people can use to avoid potential bed bug infestations in their homes.
What are bed bugs?
Bed bugs are tiny insects that live inside soft furniture (such as mattresses), carpets, soft toys and inside walls that hide during the day and come out at night to feed. They are reddish-brown and about the size and shape of an apple seed.
What’s so bad about bed bugs?
Bed bugs are gathering a lot of coverage in the news lately for a few reasons.
1. They feed on human blood, leaving itchy, painful bites on their victims.
2. They are talented hitchhikers. Bed bugs can easily be transferred from another location into your home simply by hitching a ride on your clothes or in a suitcase. Tourists have been known to take home bed bugs from Savannah in chunks of Spanish moss!
3. Bed bug infestations are notoriously hard to get rid of. Bed bugs can go an entire year without eating, multiply rapidly, and hide in places you’d never think to look, such as behind baseboards or under loose carpet. All of these make them extremely tough to eliminate. Professional pest control services are the only way to rid a home of bed bugs.
What does Preferred Pest Control suggest to avoid bed bugs?
Bed bugs are common in vacation destinations like Savannah, so Preferred Pest Control knows a thing or two about how to prevent them. Preferred suggests that travelers follow these precautions:
1. Always check for bed bugs as soon as you get to a hotel room. Lift up your mattress and look for black or brown stains from their droppings, cast-off bed bug skins, and the bugs themselves.
2. Never put your suitcases or clothing on the floor of a hotel room. Use the top of the dresser, a luggage rack or even the tiled floor of the bathroom instead.
3. Deep clean all your clothes in hot water and vacuum your suitcase when you get home.
The newly revamped Preferred Pest Control website at http://www.PreferredPestControl.net offers much more information about bed bugs and how to avoid them.
About Preferred Pest Control
Preferred Pest Control has been serving the Savannah area since 1988. In the past 25 years, Preferred Pest Control has become an authority on controlling local pests by studying their behavior and having insider knowledge on their unique low country environment. Preferred Pest Control offers bed bug control services as well as a plethora of other pest control services. For more information, visit http://www.Preferred PestControl.net or call 912-236-5135.