Edinburgh, Scotland (PRWEB UK) 6 December 2013
The annual assessment, the only one of its kind, measures the performance of UK housebuilders in managing and delivering sustainability within their business; and does this in two phases.
This year, Miller Homes achieved the highest score in phase one of the benchmark, demonstrating a sector-leading position in public transparency with its reporting and retained third place ranking overall for the sixth consecutive year with an improved score of 84% (76% in 2012).
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “Being sustainable and aiming to deliver the best quality, standards and value for all our stakeholders, including our customers, our employees and our investors, is at the very heart of our business.
“A key element of our sustainability strategy is our commitment to being accountable and operating in an open and transparent way. This recognition from NextGeneration reinforces that commitment and it is extremely rewarding to be identified as the leading housebuilder for public disclosure.
“The results of this year’s benchmark provide a clear indication as to the progress we have made over the past year and we will continue to review and update our approach to ensure it remains relevant for the future.”
Under the NextGeneration benchmark, each housebuilder is assessed across a variety of different categories before being ranked against their peers with the aim of encouraging better investment, policy and strategy and the sharing of best practice in sustainability.
Julie Hirigoyen, Head of Sustainability at Jones Lang LaSalle, administrators of the NextGeneration benchmark, commented: “Miller Homes has consistently been a top performer in the NextGeneration benchmark and should be very proud of its achievements in this year’s rankings, particular during phase one. They have shown a renewed commitment to disclosure within the organisation and as best practice reporting guidelines evolve, this will stand them in good stead for the future.”
NextGeneration was launched in 2006 with the objective of being an industry-driven initiative to drive best practice in sustainability into the heart of the residential development sector. A membership-based benchmark, NextGeneration includes many of the UK’s largest housebuilders and is overseen by a high level executive committee of the WWF-UK and Homes and Communities Agency (HCA).
Notes to editors:
About Miller Homes:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk
For more information, please contact:
Marie Dunsmuir – Group Communications Manager
The Miller Group Ltd.
Tel: 0870 336 5084
Lesley Weir – Group Communications Officer
The Miller Group Ltd.
Tel: 0870 336 5010