Akron, NY (PRWEB) December 10, 2013
PetRescueRx.com: New Online Pet Pharmacy Donates 100% of Profits to Help Homeless Pets! A Pets Before Profit Philosophy Creates "A Season of Giving" that Lasts All Year, Year After Year
Americans love their pets, spending in excess of $53 billion dollars in 2012 to care and provide for them. Meanwhile, animal shelters and rescue groups often struggle to provide for the six - eight million homeless pets in their care. Three to four million homeless animals die each year in shelters – yet the pet pharmaceutical industry is estimated to be more than $7 billion annually. PetRescueRx.com is on a mission to reverse those shelter numbers by providing the funding needed to do so.
As a veterinarian, animal shelter volunteer and board member, Glenn Buckley, DVM experiences the need firsthand and had a vision that he could create a business model to fund the cause close to his heart. With the launch of PetRescueRx.com, pet owners and consumers can now purchase pet pharmaceuticals and supplies online to care for their pets – and also provide needed funds to help homeless animals. It's a new breed of business that puts Pets Before Profits. Using the Newman's Own business model, created by actor Paul Newman to support charity organizations, Glenn and his brother, Scott, co-founded PetRescueRx.com for the sole purpose to provide a revenue stream to support non-profit animal welfare organizations. Neither brother takes a salary and are funding the pet pharmacy from their own respective businesses. They are putting their money where their hearts are with the Pets Before Profits vision.
"As a veterinarian, I am able to help one pet at a time," Glenn said. "With PetRescueRx.com, we're able to provide a crowd-funding business model that allows pet owners to provide direct funding support to the local animal shelters and/or rescues of their choice while purchasing needed medications and supplies for their personal pets. After spending time in animal shelters as a volunteer vet, being repeatedly greeted by wagging tails, hopeful faces, and some so scared they try to blend into the wall, I knew something more could, and should be done, to help them. If pet owners share our vision and choose to purchase from PetRescueRx.com, we have the ability to provide a multi-million dollar revenue stream to fund animal rescue and sheltering resulting in the lives of millions of homeless pets saved."
Glenn believes PetRescueRx.com is different from other online pet pharmacies in four key areas:
1. PRICE. We offer the products people need to keep their pets healthy at prices below most online and retail pharmacies.
2. PURPOSE. Our business is for the sole purpose of raising funds to support animal shelters and rescues.
3. SELECTION. We carry all the top brand products and generics of prescription drugs for animal medical needs such as heartworm, arthritis and pain, thyroid, heart, and allergy medications which are common pet medical needs. Our nonprescription line includes flea and tick preventatives, ear cleaners, Dasuquin and Cosequin for arthritis and joint health, shampoos, conditioners, vitamin and mineral supplements. Our pet treats and supplies offered are from companies which also support pet adoption and work to reduce the number of homeless pets.
4. OUR CUSTOMERS. Our customers play an active role in that they select the shelter or rescue to support from their purchase. They share our vision and make this possible.
How PetResueRx.com works:
1) Animal rescues and shelters sign-up with Pet Rescue Rx
2) Consumers purchase their competitively priced pet pharmaceutical needs and supplies from PetRescueRx.com and designate an organization to support at checkout.
3) Once profitable, shelters and rescues will receive funding; as a bonus, shelters and rescues can designate their own group at checkout also increasing their overall savings!
4) Rescues and Shelters in all 50 states may sign-up to be funded; consumers in all 50 states can purchase their pet supplies and over-the-counter meds. Pet Rescue Rx is currently licensed to sell prescription medications in 22 states and is expanding into additional states as they become licensed.
PetRescueRx.com is the nation's only online pet pharmacy that donates 100% of the profits to support animal shelters and rescue non-profit groups. Launched in June 2013, PetRescueRx.com is LegitScript approved and a competitively priced pet pharmacy providing financial transparency on their website. CEO Glenn Buckley, DVM is a native of Akron, NY, a graduate of Louisiana State University School of Veterinary Medicine, and founder of two emergency veterinary clinics in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Scott Buckley is the CEO of a New York I.T. company.
Pet Rescue Rx Contact and Links:
Phone: 1-855-307-7940 (M-F 8am - 5pm EST)
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/PetRescueRx
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/116949588712439718174/posts