The focused event will provide attendees with hands-on sessions and seek practical solutions to issues in the telecoms sector, especially during roll-outs and implementation stages.
Yangon, Myanmar (PRWEB) December 11, 2013
To kick-start its industry-acclaimed Invest Myanmar series for 2014, CMT is organizing the 2nd Myanmar TELECOMS Infrastructure Summit on 17-18 February in Yangon. The event will adopt dual themes focusing on "Managing Extensive Challenges & Goals" and "Speed Up Network Rollouts & Infrastructure Sharing Opportunities".
2nd Myanmar TELECOMS Infrastructure Summit comes at an opportune time as the operators proceed with the implementation in the country. The focused event will provide attendees with hands-on sessions and seek practical solutions to issues in the telecoms sector, especially during roll-outs and implementation stages.
The confirmed speakers to date include: VDB Loi, Digicom, Polastri Wint & Partners, Deloitte Southeast Asia, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants, International Finance Corporation (IFC), President's Office, Central Bank of Myanmar, Olswang Asia, Detecon Asia-Pacific and TNS Indochina.
Some of the key sessions at the event are:
- Update on Land Use Rights, Rooftop Leases & Regulatory Approvals for Operators & Tower Companies – Edwin Vanderbruggen, Partner, VDB Loi
- Implementation Challenges Moving Forward – Dealing with Local Region & Local Governance – Yup Seng Ing, Managing Director, Digicom
- Telecom Tower Company Structure in Myanmar & Taxation Matters for Tower Asserts (Installation & Leasing) – Sebastian Pawlita, Partner, Polastri Wint & Partners
- Business Models & Approaches for Broadband Rollout in Myanmar: 3G & 4G Rollout, Commercial & Business Considerations – Nicholas White, Director, Consulting, TMT Practice, Deloitte Southeast Asia
- Mobile Market Growth & Distribution in Myanmar – Damien Dujacquier, Partner, Roland Berger Strategy Consultants
Participants can also look forward to two important panel discussions. The first is on ‘Myanmar Telecom Infrastructure Outlook’ that will address issues related to infrastructure sharing, speeding up the building of the networking (rollouts), skill shortage in the telecoms sector, future competition, services to be provided in the next 2-3 years and CSR activities planned. Damien Dujacquier, Principal at Roland Berger Consultants is among the panelists.
The second panel discussion on ‘Mobile Payment & Online Banking in Myanmar– Prospect & Development Potential’ will be led by Rob Bratby, Managing Partner – Asia, Olswang Asia and the panelists include: Prof. Dr. Aung Tun Thet, Economic Advisor, President's Office, U Set Aung, Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Myanmar, as well as a Senior Representative from VISA International. They will review the impending new e-commerce law, banking regulatory framework for online banking and micro-financing & application to telecom development and seek answers to the impending question: how will operators set up for e-commerce & online payment services in Myanmar?
The event will be attended by telecom operators, policy and regulators, infrastructure and network service providers/ developers, technology providers, telecom equipment manufacturers, infrastructure equipment providers, legal and management consultants, broadband and wireless internet service providers, solutions providers, industry analysts, handsets & device manufacturers, ICT vendors & distributors and representatives from financial institutions.
Visit the official website for latest updates on the agenda.
For enquiries, contact Ms. Huiyan: huiyan(at)cmtsp(dot)com(dot)sg / +65 6346 9113.