Santa Ana, CA (PRWEB) December 10, 2013
Ring in 2014 like a Hollywood Superhero at Discovery Science Center's annual "Noon Year's Eve" event! Visitors are welcomed to dress as their favorite superhero and countdown the New Year at noon instead of midnight with the whole family. This year, due to overwhelming demand, the popular event has been expanded to two days on December 30 and 31.
Activities for this year's two day event include:
- Live, interactive stage show featuring audience participation
- Action photos in front of a superhero green screen
- Create and hear unbelievable sound effects on a Foley stage
- Decorate party hats and horns to take home
- Celebrate with balloon drops at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. on both days
- Special ginger ale toast at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. on both days
Schedule of Events for December 30 and 31:
- 11:00 a.m. - Dance party and stage show
- 12:00 p.m. - Balloon drop and ginger ale toast
- 1:00 p.m. - Dance party and stage show
- 2:00 p.m. - Balloon drop and ginger ale toast
The Noon Year's Eve celebrations are included with general admission. Tickets can be purchased at the science center or online at http://www.discoverycube.org. Prices are as follows: adult ($15.95), senior ($12.95), and children 3-14 ($12.95). Discovery Science Center is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.*
*Special holiday hours can be found on the website.
**Any interested media should email news(at)discoverycube(dot)org or call (714) 913-5018.
About Discovery Science Center:
For 25 years, Discovery Science Center (DSC) has been a non-profit organization dedicated to educating young minds, assisting educators teach science and increasing public understanding of science, technology, engineering and math through interactive exhibits and programs. With one of the largest education outreach programs in the county and an unparalleled approach at creating immersive, game-based exhibits, DSC is revolutionizing how educational content is delivered. Throughout the year, guests can take the Eco Challenge and become a green superhero or feel the power of a simulated rocket engine launch. DSC owns and operates the Taco Bell Discovery Science Center based in Santa Ana, CA and will be opening a second facility in Los Angeles in 2014. For more information, call (714) 542-CUBE or visit http://www.discoverycube.org.