Rock Hill, SC (PRWEB) December 11, 2013
BeaconMedæs constantly strives to meet the ever-changing needs of every customer.
The new Lifeline® Manifold has been created with this in mind. This truly global manifold was developed for the top three standards in the medical gas industry - NFPA, ISO and CSA.
No matter what your standard is, you can trust BeaconMedæs equipment to maintain the reliability in which it is best known.
- New Forging Design: The Lifeline® manifold eliminates potential leaks by incorporating a new forging design which allows for a 50% reduction of connection points from the current design. The forging houses both the bank and line regulators, which are now piston design regulators with a single seat material to be used for all medical gases.
- Elimination of NPT Connections: The new design incorporates O-ring sealed connections instead of NPT which eliminates the need for Teflon tape and over tightening. The O-ring connections ensure no leaks now or in the future, allowing for a much higher degree of reliability.
- Flow Rate: The LifeLine® Manifold has an improved flow rate and is tested to the ISO-10524 Standard (pressure regulators for use with medical gases).
- Electronics: The LifeLine® Manifold is available in standard electronics or TAE (TotalAlert Embedded) electronics. Standard version includes pressure switches while TAE version includes pressure transducers for remote monitoring.
- NEMA 4 Enclosure: The power supply and control board are mounted inside a NEMA 4 enclosure, allowing for installation in outdoor environments.
- New Stainless Steel Solenoid Valve Design: The new solenoid valve directs dome bias pressure to one of the bank regulators, ensuring problem free switchover from bank to bank. The improved design incorporates O-ring connection to help create a leak free valve.
- Vent Valve and Service Valves: Ergonomically designed to bleed the system to the relief outlet and provide outlet pressure to the dome bias regulator.
The LifeLine® Manifold incorporates a NEMA 4 enclosure which houses both the power supply and control board and is pre-mounted to a manifold back plate. This eliminates the need to separately mount the power supply. The power supply has a rated input voltage of 100-250 VAC and converts this to a safe 24 VDC output. Also included is a 250mA fuse located on the power supply.
The LifeLine® Manifold uses dome biasing technology, eliminating the need for heaters on the manifolds.
At the primary regulator where the gas is flowing, it will be cold due to what is called ‘adiabatic cooling’ - which is caused by expansion of the gas across the regulator. Under certain circumstances it can be cold enough to form ice on and inside the primary regulator. With a standard regulator, the working parts of the regulator are exposed to the outside air through the port to atmosphere. Through this port, outside air will enter the regulator and if the regulator is cold, water will condense in the “bell”. If the temperature gets low enough, that water will turn to ice. This ice gradually builds up inside the regulator on the flexible diaphragm. Once the diaphragm can no longer move freely, the regulator cannot maintain the pressure correctly. This is a prime problem with these types of manifolds. Dome biasing technology closes off the atmospheric port and puts the actual system gas into that space. Since the dew point of the system gas is typically well below -50°, the regulator simply cannot get cold enough to condense water vapor into ice in this chamber. The pressure in the bias line can also be used to regulate the output pressure. Since there is no possibility for ice to form internally, a biased regulator is easily the most reliable and trouble free regulator design for use with any gas.
The LifeLine® Manifold is available with both standard and TAE (TotalAlert Embedded) electronics. In the standard version, pressure switches control the bank switchovers. With TAE, pressure transducers monitor pressure in each bank of cylinders as well as delivery pressure. The TAE electronics are provided on a fully populated board with Ethernet connection for remote monitoring.
In addition, the manifold is offered in both the standard design (overall length is 36”) and a space saver design (overall length of 25”). The space saver design allows for installation in smaller areas such as a manifold closet.
You can rest easy knowing the manifold has undergone extensive testing to ensure its quality and reliability meet BeaconMedæs’ standards.
- Ignition Testing (Adiabatic Testing) has been performed per ISO 10524 for the regulators, ensuring the manifold can perform well in use for oxygen service.
- Environmental testing to MIL-Standard 810F, which is equivalent to 20 years of service, makes certain the manifold can perform well in all types of environmental conditions. These conditions include hot and cold temperatures, highly corrosive environments, blowing rain, high humidity, and solar radiation.
- Flow Rate Testing: The Manifold has an improved flow rate and is compliant per ISO 10524-2.
These tests provide you with the confidence the new Lifeline® manifold maintain the highest degree of quality in the market today.
The new Lifeline® Global Manifold is designed to fit any medical gas distribution needs while meeting the standards requirements for NFPA, ISO and CSA.
The improved design, validated through extensive testing, ensures the manifold will maintain its reliability while reducing the potential for leaks. The NEMA 4 enclosure and environmental testing provides the ability for outdoor installation and opens the doors for new possibilities for specifying the manifold.