(PRWEB) December 11, 2013
Police are planning extra drunk driving checkpoints to curb car accidents in the holiday season. But victim advocate Pius Joseph, a leading personal injury attorney in Pasadena, says no amount of law enforcement can prevent every crash.
“Daly City Police just got a grant to hold four extra checkpoints starting Dec. 14,” said Joseph, founder of the Law Offices of Pius Joseph. “But every motorist should know how to protect their families on the road.”
His firm offers tips to stay safe:
- Beware of increased drunk driving. Every holiday, as well as the night before and the surrounding weekends, brings a sharp increase in the amount of drinking and drunk driving. Police cannot catch every drunk driver.
- Know the limit. Many people think they can drink and still drive safe, but the legal limit is .08% blood alcohol content—which can come from as little as two drinks for many adults. Any amount of drinking before driving is too much.
- Plan extra time. When driving during the holiday season, always try to leave a little early. Traffic is heavier, making travel times longer, and many accidents begin with a motorist who is stressed and in a hurry.
- No cell phones. Using a cell phone at the wheel can impair your driving as much as being drunk. Never text or talk on the phone while driving.
- If you are hit, know your rights. Do not apologize or accept blame at the scene of the accident, and make sure you contact an attorney before signing any papers from an insurance company.
“Every car accident victim has a right to compensation for their injuries or damages,” Joseph said. “This can even include the time you miss from work while you heal. Go to a lawyer as quickly as you can after an accident.”
About Pius Joseph:
Pius Joseph is a Pasadena personal injury attorney and the founder of the Law Offices of Pius Joseph. Mr. Joseph has won multiple jury verdicts in every major county of California and has represented clients from the US and internationally. He has won multi-million dollar verdicts and judgments for his clients. He can be contacted at:
The Law Offices of Pius Joseph
595 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91101