"With the launch of HDM 14, we have raised the bar even further offering the most comprehensive disk-management suite available to empower our users to confidently address any sever- or workstation-based technical issue they encounter," said Tom Fedro.
Freiburg, Germany (PRWEB UK) 11 December 2013
Paragon Software Group’s (PSG) a leader in data protection and backup and disaster recovery, today announced the launch of Paragon Hard Disk Manager (HDM) 14 Business and Paragon Hard Disk Manager (HDM) 14 Premium editions, following last month’s release of the home-user products, HDM 14 Suite and HDM 14 Professional. HDM 14 offers the most extensive set of imaging and disk management utilities for administrators, including backup and disaster recovery, live server migration (P2V, V2P, V2V, and P2P), virtualization, partitioning, partition alignment, and secure disk wiping. Flexible licensing options are available along with the most competitive reseller margins in the industry.
“Since 1998, Hard Disk Manager has been the utility of choice to protect systems and data for field engineers, IT administrators and desktop support technicians,” said Tom Fedro, president, Paragon Software Group. “With the launch of HDM 14, we have raised the bar even further offering the most comprehensive disk-management suite available to empower our users to confidently address any sever- or workstation-based technical issue they encounter.”
Paragon’s image-based backup and recovery technology is entrusted by airports, the International Space Station, universities, global manufacturing companies and value-added resellers (VARs) in every industry. Paragon’s Hard Disk Manager 14 comes with the following new features:
- Support for Windows 8.1, Server 2012 R2 and the latest version of VMware’s ESX hypervisor
- New user interface that is fully compatible with Windows 8 and Server 2012 R2
- uEFI support that simplifies boot connectivity and easily overcomes uEFI/GPT migration challenges (now available in Windows, WinPE, and Linux)
- New pVHD backup container format — Paragon´s proprietary image format is a better approach for desktop virtualization and disaster recovery. The platform-independent format helps reconstuct a Windows or Linux-based PC, including partition layout, partition data, and boot data. An image can be mounted as a virtual hard drive for use with a virtual machine.
- Support for BitLocker-encrypted volumes includes backup, restore, copy, hide/unhide, and delete, and much more
- ReFS support to take images of ReFS partitions
- WinPE 4.1 based recovery environment
- Updated Universal Image Mounter (UIM) — enables mounting of pVHD and PBF backup images (full and incremental) to browse their contents and retrieve data via HDM 14 or directly from Windows. Also provides a convenient way to mount archives as virtual hard drives or virtual partitions for use with virtual machines.
- Updated Linux-based recovery environment — now based on SUSE 12.3, with an updated user interface and support for all varieties of modern hardware configurations including uEFI and legacy BIOS computers
- Enables copy/restore to dissimilar sector sizes to easily copy or restore the contents of a 512-byte hard disk to a 4k hard disk with no additional actions required
- Windows Storage Spaces support — easily manage large storage pools
For corporate IT departments and help desk operations, Paragon Hard Disk Manager is the “must have” all-in-one disk management utility, allowing IT administrators to efficiently maintain physical and virtual Windows systems throughout their life cycle with minimal effort.
The HDM Technician License is the perfect tool for companies with support teams that are maintaining a large number of systems in the field, these include medical monitoring or high-tech equipment manufacturers; large organizations with a highly distributed environment like financial institutions or large restaurant chains. Many customers combine Technician Licenses with per-seat and volume licenses for maximum coverage and investment flexibility.
For questions, evaluation requests or to schedule a product demo, call Paragon at (888) 347-5462 or visit http://www.Paragon-Downloads.com.
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software Group has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software Group provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco Systems, Dell, HP, Western Digital Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at http://www.paragon-software.com.