Savannah, Georgia (PRWEB) December 12, 2013
Destination weddings that are hosted in Savannah, Georgia, the South’s favorite hostess city, give couples and their guests the perfect opportunity to relax and soak up all the Southern comforts the historic city has to offer. From sipping iced tea on charming verandas to saying those “I dos” under an ancient oak tree dripping with Spanish moss wedding parties truly have the chance to be on vacation time. Forsyth Park Inn, a circa 1893 Queen Anne Victorian bed and breakfast, is now revealing all the best kept secrets Savannah, Georgia has to offer when it comes to weddings.
1. Downtown Savannah is home to 24 beautiful historic squares which gives couples tons of options for wedding portraits. Most of Savannah's squares are named in honor or in memory of a historical event or person and many contain monuments, markers, statues, gazebos, and fountains which are the perfect backdrops for memorable wedding photos.
2. Forsyth Park, set just across the street from Forsyth Park Inn, is one of Savannah’s most stunning landscaped areas. It features an infamous white fountain flanked with hundred-year-old oak trees and serves as a perfect ceremony setting.
3. Trolley tours are a great way to transport wedding parties throughout the historic city from ceremony venue to reception dinner. End the night with a haunted trolley tour for an exciting ride back to the inn; something wedding guests will never forget.
4. Horse-drawn carriages also serve as the perfect transportation for newlyweds. Couples are whisked away after their vows in a fairy-tale manner and delivered to their reception dinners in true southern belle fashion.
5. Savannah’s Low Country cuisine is soulful, yet upscale. The dining options are endless in the historic downtown area, and the meals are served with down-home love and traditional southern elegance. Reception dinners can include anything from a low country seafood boil to contemporary farm-to-table feasts.
6. Quaint Tybee Island is just minutes away from downtown Savannah, and offers wedding guests beach-side dining options, as well as, fun in the sun and sand. Start the destination wedding weekend out right with a coastal cocktail and a stroll along the Atlantic seashore.
7. Forsyth Park Inn’s private courtyard garden is one of Savannah’s most intimate ceremony locations. There are many secret gardens to uncover in the historic district, and each one acts as a romantic spot for exchanging vows.
8. Savannah is home to three historic operating live theaters. Planning an evening show for wedding guests during their vacation weekend is the perfect way to entertain in a creative way. The Historic Savannah Theatre, built in 1818, arguably the oldest operating theater in the country – what better way to enjoy the company of loved ones than in the seats of this theater.
9. Downtown Design District, just steps away from Forsyth Park Inn, offers a unique boutique shopping experience. Perfect place to pick up wedding party favors. From locally made candles to high-end artisan crafts, couples are able to buy their guests something special.
10. Best kept secret: Savannah’s downtown historic district is home of the to-go cup! Yes, it’s perfectly legal to take your cocktails on a stroll in the city; great for those late night wedding parties.
Learn more about Forsyth Park Inn, known for its intimate wedding ceremonies and park-side setting, visit us at http://www.forsythparkinn.com.
Forsyth Park Inn Weddings feature three customizable packages to fit the needs of brides and grooms for their destination wedding weekend.