Kansas City, Mo. (PRWEB) January 02, 2014
Sixty-five percent of startups fail because of “people problems” – interpersonal tensions between the founding team, hires and investors. The online education program, Kauffman Founders School, tackles these issues head on in its newest series released today.
"Founder’s Dilemmas" features insights from Noam Wasserman, who teaches an award-winning course on entrepreneurship at Harvard Business School and is author of THE FOUNDER’S DILEMMAS: Anticipating and Avoiding the Pitfalls That Can Sink a Startup. Presented through a series of videos and supporting materials, Wasserman’s online series provides practical lessons on what founders can do at the earliest stages of a startup to eliminate problems that typically lead to failure.
The Founder’s Dilemmas curriculum offers advice on four founder issues:
- Should I Co-found? With Whom?: Future ramifications of this key decision
- Relationships: Pros and cons of founding with friends, family or former coworkers
- Equity Splits: A founder checklist to know when and how to make fair equity splits
- Challenges on the Road to Growth: How to balance founder wealth vs. control
In addition to Wasserman’s lectures, the Founder’s Dilemmas series includes questions for founders and their teams to answer; an “impact guide” to help founders answer the question, “What will I do differently as a result of the lesson I’ve learned?”; tools and resources to help them implement what they’ve learned; and suggestions for related readings that enhance the lesson and offer additional insights and resources.
Teaching entrepreneurs best practices in areas not typically covered in other training programs, the Kauffman Founders School enables entrepreneurs to learn anywhere, anytime, and to immediately apply the lessons to their businesses. Other Founders School topics include:
- Entrepreneurial Selling, presented by Craig Wortmann, CEO and founder, Sales Engine, and clinical professor at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business
- Intellectual Property, presented by Peter McDermott, partner, Banner and Witcoff
- Powerful Presentations, presented by Nathan Gold, founder, The Demo Coach
The online education program is housed on the Kauffman Foundation’s Entrepreneurship.org web platform, which offers resources, educational information and tools for entrepreneurs. It can be accessed at http://www.KauffmanFoundersSchool.org or via http://www.Entrepreneurship.org.
About the Kauffman Foundation
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that aims to foster economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success. Founded by late entrepreneur and philanthropist Ewing Marion Kauffman, the Foundation is based in Kansas City, Mo., and has approximately $2 billion in assets. For more information, visit http://www.kauffman.org, and follow the Foundation on http://www.twitter.com/kauffmanfdn and http://www.facebook.com/kauffmanfdn.