The Prism PI is compact, durable, and suited for corrosive, heavy washdown and hazardous areas.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota (PRWEB) December 27, 2013
StoneL’s new Prism PI integrates an advanced position sensing system and integral pneumatic control for sanitary diaphragm valves and other linear applications. The Prism PI is compact, durable, and suited for corrosive, heavy washdown and hazardous areas.
StoneL created the PI as the next generation of the Prism series with
- a reduced envelope size to consume less space
- faster set-up and reduced installation time
- enhanced electronic and mechanical position indication status
- greater flexibility with precise, yet flexible position indication for trouble-free performance
- improved air flow for larger size actuators
- extremely long life
- migration into comprehensive diagnostic systems, and
- greater opportunities for special applications.
The unique mounting system for the Prism PI allows fast, easy attachment to most popular diaphragm valves. The position of the pneumatic and/or conduit connections is optimized because the unit can be adjusted in 45-degree increments on the mounting pad of the valve. Complete mounting adaption is performed in minutes.
The PI features an intelligent linear magnetic resistive sensor system to precisely measure stroke position at all times. Features include:
- High accuracy over wide operating temperature range.
- Automatic tuning of open and closed dead band depending on stroke length.
- High intensity LEDs in module light bar which reflect on enclosure cover for visibility of switch status even in brightly lit areas.
- Fully potted and sealed making it resistant to high G vibration forces and moisture.
- Convenient, simple push button settings accurately locking in open and closed positions, which remain in place when power is removed and reapplied.
Setup is performed in seconds with high precision yet flexible switching, which is automatically (intelligently) calibrated depending on stroke length. Convenient, simple push button settings accurately lock in open and closed position, which remain in place when power is removed and reapplied.
The Prism PI is available in three versions; low profile, standard stroke, and long stroke, depending on your specific requirements. Precision feedback for stroke lengths varying from 4 mm (0.13”) up to 66 mm (2.6”) is available. With the low profile version, the unit is less than 76 mm (3”) above the actuator mounting pads and may accommodate stroke lengths up to 28 mm (1.1”).
The Prism PI features StoneL’s fully potted and sealed linear C-module system (continuous sensing) with field proven reliability in all on/off applications — SST (switching) and VCTs (valve communication terminals). VCT protocols include AS-Interface and DeviceNet. Modules have a five-year warranty.
The three-way, two-position spring return pneumatic valve features a standard Cv of 0.2, operating most actuators in less than two seconds. The valve operates at low power and is integrated within the enclosure completely isolated from the environment enabling pneumatic control to be located in the field with no threat of contamination.
The Prism PI is suitable for high pressure washdown and temporary submersion with no adverse effects. It is rated NEMA 4, 4x and 6 (IP66 & 67), as well as designed for Class I and II, Division 2 (nonincendive equipment) applications. The high-strength enclosure provides excellent corrosion resistance and exceptional temperature stability.
For more information, contact StoneL, 26271 US Highway 59, Fergus Falls, MN 56537 USA. Phone: 1-218-739-5774. Email: sales(at)StoneL(dot)com.
# # #
StoneL® is a global leader in valve communication solutions, which enable integration of discrete (on/off) valves into process control architecture. Capabilities include valve monitoring, pneumatic control, process networking, and valve diagnostics. StoneL is certified to ISO 9001. For more information please visit http://www.StoneL.com.