Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) December 16, 2013
TotallyHer Media’s theFashionSpot (tFS) (http://www.thefashionspot.com), the web’s largest fashion-focused community and fashion editorial site, announced today December’s Guest Editor: Alanis Morissette, Grammy Award winning musician as well as film and TV actress. Throughout the month, Alanis shares exclusive photos of her amazing handbag collection, the changing roles of women in the music industry, a letter to her 15-year-old self, and raising a humanist. Alanis joins a distinguished list of guest editors for theFashionSpot, including COO of BCBGMAXAZRIAGROUP Lubov Azria, celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez, and supermodel Molly Sims.
“To contribute to theFashionSpot has been a joy for its integration of design, aesthetic, philosophy, service and whimsy,” said Alanis Morissette. “A joy as an activist, feminist, fashionista and girly girl. My fantasy combination of commentary, self-care, expression and sharing.”
Noteworthy quotes from Alanis’s tFS blogs:
21 Questions with Alanis Morissette:
- “My guilty pleasure is… tequila in the afternoons after all my work is done.”
- “The best thing about performing live is… this incredible convergence of body, spirit, surrender, humility and power. With glitter, noise, sweat and freedom. I love it so much.”
- “This holiday season I intend to… not have anything be too over the top in terms of a big build-up or over-giving. I also want to make the best vegan green bean casserole my family has ever tasted. I keep attempting to perfect it every year.”
The Changing Roles of Women in the Music Industry:
- On the music business, in 1995, changing to accept and play more female artists - “The industry shifted around that era. And I don't take credit for singularly changing the industry, but I do feel that I was riding the crest of the wave. So the idea became, crassly, that women were bankable.”
- “There's this erroneous message that women's power lies singularly in our sexuality. It would be easy then to think, falsely, that the main aspect of our power is our sexuality and the ornamental aspect of our physicality.”
- “We live in a culture where our three top priorities in terms of value system are: looking twenty forever, being a billionaire (it used to be hip to be millionaire and now it seems it’s hip to be a billionaire) and being famous.”
“Alanis Morissette is a woman of inspiration, truth, talent and heart which we happily welcome into theFashionSpot community,” said Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “This month, Alanis touches on subjects of not just fashion but empowering women with words of encouragement, experience and support.”
To check out the exclusive articles from Alanis, please visit http://www.thefashionspot.com/author/alanis-morissette/.
Originating in July 2001, theFashionSpot (http://www.theFashionSpot.com) made a name for itself as an invitation-only community of designers, stylists and fashionistas that dissected designer collections, celebrating some and skewering others. Building on the largest fashion-focused community on the web, theFashionSpot.com has grown into a respected fashion editorial site with a strong and active community element. TheFashionSpot’s portfolio of sites currently reaches nearly 2 million unique visitors (comScore, July 2013), with close to 70,000 invitation-only members playing an active role in the site’s forum. It is that in-market participation and authenticity that makes theFashionSpot.com the largest community of fashion influencers online. In 2012 theFashionSpot was recognized by MediaPost’s OMMA Awards for website excellence in fashion and beauty. Recent brand advertisers include Macy’s, Tresemme, Anne Klein, P&G, Kraft, Coach, Revlon, Weight Watchers, and more. theFashionSpot is part of TotallyHer, an Evolve Media (http://www.evolvemediallc.com) company.
For More Information:
Director of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8250
Manager of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263