When it comes to breeding, cats are 45 times as prolific as humans. Dogs are 15 times as prolific.
Grand Rapids, Michigan (PRWEB) December 17, 2013
C-SNIP’s 100,000th animal, Bella, was the product of an accidental litter of kittens. She repeated this cycle with two litters of her own before coming to C-SNIP. “When it comes to breeding, cats are 45 times as prolific as humans,” notes C-SNIP Medical Director, Jeffrey Adams, DVM. Dogs are 15 times as prolific.
- C-SNIP (Community Spay Neuter Initiative Partnership) has performed 100,000 spay/neuter surgeries since 2001.
- C-SNIP serves up to 12,000 dogs and cats each year.
- C-SNIP’s spay/neuter fees are $40 for cats and $80 for dogs.
- C-SNIP has never turned away a client due to lack of funds.
- Appointments can be scheduled online at csnip.org or by phone at (616)455-8220.
Special rates for mom cats (like Bella) with kitten litters, and pit bull breeds and mixes are made possible through support from individuals and foundations such as the BISSELL Pet Foundation.
In 2013, C-SNIP joined five other community animal welfare organizations to form the West Michigan Network for Animal Protection (WMNAP). Together, these groups represent 95% of stray/abandoned animal intake in Kent County. The collaborative's mission is to inspire and partner with the community to increase adoption and reduce euthanasia through education, advocacy, and spaying and neutering of animals in West Michigan.