The response to Hatsize 4.1 has been phenomenal,” said Guy Hummel, Hatsize CEO. “Our customers are extremely interested in adopting the HTML5 client, international keyboard support and virtual classroom integration capabilities.
Calgary, Alberta (PRWEB) December 19, 2013
Hatsize, the leading provider of global cloud-based training labs for software and hardware products, today launched Hatsize 4.1, the latest release of their flagship cloud-based training lab platform, which includes groundbreaking HTML5 support, virtual classroom integration, international keyboard support, a new portal user interface, and cut and paste support to virtual machines.
Hatsize 4.1 was designed based on customer feedback and to address the industry-wide browser plug-in issue. Plug-ins such as Java, Flash and ActiveX present both security and usability issues, which is why both Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers plan to stop supporting plug-ins for their browsers within the next year.
With the emergence of HTML5, there is a new and better way for browsers to deliver multimedia content to users. Hatsize is one of the first training lab providers to leverage the power of this new web standard, revolutionizing the student and instructor experience.
HTML5 is Important for Training Labs
HTML5 is critically important for training labs because it enables delivery to any HTML5 enabled browser and to any HTML5 enabled mobile device. Mobile training is becoming increasingly important and with HTML5, training labs can now be delivered to mobile devices including tablets.
In addition, HTML5 is particularly useful for training labs because students need very rich multimedia content to ensure a high quality training experience. With Hatsize 4.1, HTML5 is fully integrated so students can get install-free, one-click access to their virtual training labs. Hatsize clients now have the ability to choose how they want to access their lab environments.
“The response to Hatsize 4.1 has been phenomenal,” said Guy Hummel, Hatsize CEO. “Our customers are extremely interested in adopting the HTML5 client, international keyboard support and virtual classroom integration capabilities.”
New features in Hatsize 4.1 include the following:
- HTML5 Client Support and Integration: Hatsize now offers full support and integration for HTML5, the new web standard for delivering rich, multimedia content. There are three benefits to Hatsize clients. First, they get install-free access to training labs; no extra browser plug-in such as Java, Flash or ActiveX is required. Second, they can connect to virtual machines faster because they don’t need to load any plug-in. Third, they can access their training labs on any HTML5 enabled browser or mobile device such as a tablet. This enables Hatsize clients to deliver their training labs via mobile devices for the first time.
Additional benefits include an on screen keyboard for entering special key combinations such as control-alt-delete and install-free, one-click access from thumbnails to different systems within their training labs. Note: Hatsize’s HTML5 Client supports RFB and RDP protocols.
- Virtual Classroom Integration: Hatsize is now integrated with virtual classrooms such as Adobe Connect and Citrix GoToMeeting. As a result, Hatsize can now schedule and run virtual classes with or without labs. This enables Hatsize clients to offer online training events from one integrated system. In the past, clients would have to log into two separate platforms in order to set up and manage virtual classroom and virtual lab training sessions. Now Hatsize clients can simply log into Hatsize 4.1 to schedule an online class and the students can access both the virtual classroom and the labs from the same interface. Plus, clients can now run usage reports from Hatsize 4.1 to track student usage of both labs and virtual classes.
- New Portal User Interface: The Hatsize Portal has a new and improved user interface that has been optimized for both students and instructors. In addition, the portal now includes integration with WordPress, which enables richer content delivery to students. Note: Hatsize Portal is a role-based portal that is the initiation point for launching multiple courses that run virtually in Hatsize Lab View. The new portal user interface currently supports synchronous training events as part of Hatsize 4.1 and will support dynamic, self-paced events in the near future.
- International Keyboard Support: The Hatsize HTML5 Client automatically detects and supports the type of keyboard a student is using.
- Cut and Paste to Virtual Machines: Enables students and instructors to cut and paste text from their own system to a virtual machine running within a course in Hatsize Lab View. This feature will also be enabled soon for the HTML5 Client.
Hatsize is the leading global provider of cloud-based training labs for software and hardware products. As a cloud service, Hatsize has successfully delivered over 2 million hours of hands-on training sessions for some of the world’s fastest growing technology and training organizations including Symantec, Juniper Networks, New Horizons, MicroTek, and Palo Alto Networks.