It’s very impressive that Miami continues to be the premier real estate destination for international buyers from Venezuela to India and the United Kingdom.
Miami, FL (PRWEB) December 17, 2013
There were 120,088 visits to the MIAMI website, Miamire.com, in October 2013, an increase of 28.8% compared to the prior year, according to the 31,000-member MIAMI Association of Realtors (MIAMI). In addition, there were 7,215 additional unique visitors, totaling 46,993 people, than the same period last year searching for properties and information about the South Florida real estate market, an increase of 18.1%.
Venezuela topped the list of countries that conducted searches on the MIAMI site in October. This is consistent with recent reports of political instability in the Latin American nation and a significant interest in the Miami real estate market. Accordingly, Venezuela was third in the list of nations that visited the MIAMI site during the same period last year. Following Venezuela in October 2013 were Argentina, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, France, India, United Kingdom, Spain and Italy, eight of which also made the top ten list last year.
“We are excited by the double-digit growth in both the visits and visitors to our website as it is a sign of strong interest in Miami’s soaring real estate market,” MIAMI Chairman of the Board Natascha Tello said. “It’s very impressive that Miami continues to be the premier real estate destination for international buyers from Venezuela to India and the United Kingdom.”
Top Ten Countries visiting Miamire.com in October:
2013: 1) Venezuela 2) Argentina 3) Canada 4) Brazil 5) Colombia 6) France 7) India 8) United Kingdom 9) Spain 10) Italy
2012: 1) Brazil 2) Canada 3) Venezuela 4) Colombia 5) France 6) Perú 7) India 8) Italy 9) Argentina 10) Spain
“The strong interest in the MIAMI website by Venezuela is consistent with the research showing that Venezuelans are the leading buyers of real estate in South Florida,” said 2013 MIAMI Association of REALTORS Residential President Fernando I. Martinez. “Miami is a global city whose vibrant real estate market is fueled by buyers from around the country and the world.”
Top U.S. Markets for Miami
Miami is also a top choice for consumers in many U.S. markets. Not including Florida, the top Ten U.S. States for consumers searching Miamire.com in October 2013 were:
2013: 1) California 2) Texas 3) New York 4) Georgia 5) Illinois 6) North Carolina 7) Virginia 8) Michigan 9) New Jersey 10) Tennessee
2012: 1) California 2) New York 3) Georgia 4) Texas 5) Maryland 6) Michigan 7) Illinois 8) North Carolina 9) Connecticut 10) New Jersey
Miami Top Market for U.S. and Foreign Consumers
Nationally, Miami is consistently one of the top markets for most of the highest ranking countries searching for property in the U.S. – including Canada, Brazil, Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. In October it was also a top market for the Russian Federation, Switzerland and Portugal The 20 top countries (outside the U.S.) where global consumers were most engaged on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International and the top five U.S. markets they searched were:
● *Canada: Detroit, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Miami
● United Kingdom: Los Angeles, Orlando, Houston, New York, Las Vegas
● Australia: Los Angeles, New York, Detroit, Las Vegas, Houston
● Ireland: Washington, Los Angeles, Orlando, New York, Statesville (NC)
● *Brazil: Orlando, Miami, Los Angeles, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton
● *Germany: Los Angeles, Colorado Springs, Miami, San Antonio, Detroit
● India: Los Angeles, Dallas, Las Vegas, Chicago, New York
● Japan: San Diego, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Las Vegas, Jacksonville
● *France: Los Angeles, Miami, Detroit, San Francisco, Miami Beach
● Mexico: San Diego, Houston, Laredo, San Antonio, El Paso
● *Italy: New York, Detroit, Miami, Los Angeles, Miami Beach
● China: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York, San Francisco, Irvine
● *Netherlands: Los Angeles, New York, Miami, Houston, San Francisco
● Philippines: Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Detroit, Sacramento, Phoenix
● *Spain: Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Washington, San Francisco
● *Russian Federation: New York, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, Orlando
● South Korea: Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Irvine, Houston, Colorado Springs
● *Switzerland: Miami, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale
● *Portugal: Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Miami, New York, San Francisco
● New Zealand: Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Houston, Nashville, Detroit
*Countries with Miami and/or Fort Lauderdale as top searches.
Further, based on the 2013 Miami International Market Report, Miami attracts a significant number of buyers from countries not reflected in property search rankings above, including Venezuela, Argentina, and Colombia.
In October, Miami was once among the top ten overall most searched U.S. cities by non-U.S. consumers on Realtor.com® & Realtor.com® International.
1. Los Angeles, CA
2. New York, NY
3. Miami, FL
4. Las Vegas, NV
5. Detroit, MI
6. Orlando, FL
7. Houston, TX
8. Fort Lauderdale, FL
9. San Francisco, CA
10. Atlanta, GA
About the MIAMI Association of REALTORS
The MIAMI Association of REALTORS was chartered by the National Association of Realtors in 1920 and is celebrating 93 years of service to Realtors, the buying and selling public, and the communities in South Florida. Comprised of five organizations, the Residential Association, the Realtors Commercial Alliance, the Broward County Board of Governors, the YPN Council and the award-winning International Council, it represents more than 31,000 real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate sales, marketing, and brokerage. It is the largest local Realtor association in the U.S., and has official partnerships with more than 115 international organizations worldwide. MIAMI’s official website is http://www.miamire.com.