At Louisiana Fireworks we take fireworks safety very seriously.
Denham Springs, LA (PRWEB) December 23, 2013
Louisiana Fireworks stores will open for business statewide from December 15 through New Year’s Day. While some states prefer to halt the selling of fireworks after July 5th, other communities allow sales and use of select consumer fireworks in the winter season, where permitted by federal regulations. Louisiana Fireworks is taking the initiative to remind customers at all Firework locations to be safe and be careful lighting fireworks near objects such as flammable Christmas decorations.
“At Louisiana Fireworks we take fireworks safety very seriously. We want to make sure folks know how to properly shoot fireworks around flammable decorations so everyone has a great and safe new year,” Jason Marietta, Louisiana Fireworks mentions. “It’s important to us to share what we know about firework safety with the Louisiana communities.”
A government study held in 2011 states that sixty-five percent of all firework injuries occur on or around the July 4th holiday with a small spike during New Years Eve and other national holidays, with hundreds of people on average go to the emergency room and a small amount of deaths occurred related to homemade pyrotechnics.
“We are proud to provide Louisiana residents with some of the safest and best quality fireworks available,” Marietta says. Louisiana Fireworks is proud purveyor of World-Class brand Fireworks. “We are happy that our customers can safely enjoy our fireworks in the both in the summer and winter holiday seasons.”
Most Louisiana Fireworks locations are open from December 15th - Jan 1st for a short winter season.
The following safety tips are endorsed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Council on Fireworks Safety:
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present.
- Buy from reliable fireworks sellers.
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes, then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking in water, then disposing in trashcan.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection
- Never have any part of the body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives
About Louisiana Fireworks
Louisiana Fireworks is the number one location for fireworks throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. Home of the buy-one get-three-free, Louisiana Fireworks has new products for firework enthusiasts or almost any celebration.
At lafireworksstores.com, customers can review a complete list of fireworks; sign-up for the VIP Program to receive discounts and offers via email, and find an interactive online store locator and catalog.
Selling popular pyrotechnics, including artillery-shell-kits, 500-gram cakes, and affordable 200-gram options; Louisiana Fireworks provides customers with the best fireworks in Southwest Louisiana. With four superstore retail firework locations in Louisiana, LA Fireworks is expanding to serve the pyrotechnic needs of the general public. Louisiana Fireworks offers tremendous fundraising opportunities operating retail firework locations for individuals and organizations during peak retail seasons.
818-244-3770 x 104