The main role vitamin D plays is in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the bones and assistance in cell to cell communication throughout the body, helping decrease pain in some instances.
London, UK (PRWEB UK) 19 December 2013
Vitamin D is essential for healthy development, but it is not actually a vitamin, it is in fact synthesized in the body through sunlight exposure. The main role vitamin D plays is in the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the bones and assistance in cell to cell communication throughout the body.
In addition to the importance of vitamin D in maintaining bone health, medical studies show previously unknown cellular interactions with other organs and tissue, including the brain. A vitamin D deficiency has been established for those with Alzheimer's disease, and it's also been linked to the development of certain cancers and heart disease.
Recently researchers have found a new benefit of Vitamin D supplementation in decreasing the neuropathic and sensory pain common in certain chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes and multiple sclerosis.
This study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 1 is currently continuing at Johns Hopkins University to test the effect of vitamin D supplements on patients with MS, a disease commonly found in Northern regions with less sunshine, giving rise to the theory that a lack of vitamin D could play a role.
Rachel Moore of Vitamin Planet commented:
“The qualities of vitamin D may not be restricted to maintaining health but may also partly work as a hormone. Vitamin Planet offers quality products made in the UK to provide any vitamin deficiency supplements. When selecting D- Max Vitamin D3, you should consult with a GP/ healthcare practitioners to determine the dosage strength you need based on your individual levels and needs.”
Vitamin D supplements from Vitamin Planet include D-Max Vitamin D3. This product comes in three strengths – 1000 IU, 5000 IU, and 20,000 IU – to ensure that you get the maximum strength that you need.
D-Max offers you a revolutionary formulation in its Vitamin D3 product called OptiZyme Absorption technology. This unique technology has been clinically proven to help the body absorb higher levels of Vitamin D than normal.
About Vitamin Planet (http://www.vitaminplanet.co.uk)
- One of the UKs leading direct supplier of vitamins & supplements
- Pure pharmaceutical grade vitamins & supplements
- Manufactured in GMP approved premises
- Products formulated by expert nutritionists
- Rigorous approach to quality
- Free delivery on orders over £25 with international options available
- User friendly site – clear layout, easy navigation & search, simple checkout
- 98% customer recommendation rate
- Useful product information, nutritional information, ingredients, dosage, related articles, related products and customer reviews
- New product launches each month
- Over 100 products for health and wellbeing