Chim Chimney Cautions Homeowners Against Dryer Vent Fires

Share Article

Chim Chimney reminds homeowners to add dryer vent inspections to their annual household checklist to lower the risk of residential fires.

It is imperative that dryer vents are regularly inspected by a licensed professional.

For many households and other establishments, the clothes dryer is an indispensable convenience and necessity. It is easy to forget about the hazards of dryer vents that are not properly installed and maintained. With the New Year approaching, Chim Chimney urges residents to remember to schedule your dryer vent cleaning along with your chimney inspections for 2014.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, an estimated 16,800 reported home structure fires involved clothes dryer or washing machines in 2010. The majority of these fires were related to home clothes dryers. The leading reason for these dryer fires was failure to clean. Aside from cleaning the lint screen or filter after drying each load of clothing, it is imperative that dryer vents are regularly inspected by a licensed professional.

For more information on dryer vent safety and precautions or to schedule your routine check-up, please call Chim Chimney at (615) 364-8987.

With over 17 years of experience in the industry, Gene Kaposy, has grown to make Chim Chimney one of the most respected names in Middle Tennessee for chimney and dryer vent services. Chim Chimney developed this trust and reputation by providing world class service, offering high quality products and services at affordable prices, and backing their work up with exceptional warranties and a satisfaction guarantee. From routine maintenance to complete chimney rebuilds, their team of highly trained professionals are at your disposal, ready to deliver quality services and products at a fair price.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Cole Evans
Follow us on
Visit website