i (PRWEB) December 25, 2013
Ko Olina, Hawai‘ Ko Olina Resort will host festival-style screenings of popular Disney and Hawaiian children’s films, along with live performances by the Honolulu Theatre for Youth and the Performing Arts Center of Kapolei Kids, sing-alongs with Hawai‘i’s Sistah Robi Kahakalau, face painting, Hawaiian arts and crafts, strolling clowns & jugglers, magicians and more at the Ko Olina Children’s Film & Music Festival, Saturday, January 18, 2014.
- Film screenings: Finding Nemo, The Little Mermaid, Monsters University and Toy Story; Pacific Resources for Education and Learning Hawaiian shorts: How Maui Snared the Sun, The Menehune and The Birds & Pele Searches for a Home
- Live performances and sing-a-longs with: Honolulu Theatre for Youth, Performing Arts Center of Kapolei Kids, popular local entertainers Sistah Robi Kahakalau, Honoka & Azita (“Keiki Wahine” ukulele duo) and Disney characters
- Hawaiian Makahiki games
- Teddy Bear Health & Safety Clinic with Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children
- Face painting, strolling clowns & magicians
- Sunset feature film on-the-beach: “The Lion King”
Festivities will be held beachfront at the resort’s Kohola Lagoon (#1) and throughout the Aulani and JW Marriott Ihilani properties from 1:00 – 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $20 for adults; $10 for kids ages 4-12.
Special room rates start at $229 per night at JW Marriott Ihilani, $269 per night at Aulani and $350 per night (seven-night minimum) atKo Olina Beach Villas. Validated flat-rate parking is also available for Festival guests. Seating will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis. For more information or to purchase Festival tickets visit koolinachildrensfestival.com or call (808) 671-2752. (Entertainment, activities and schedule subject to change.)
The Ko Olina Children’s Film & Music Festival is a benefit for Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children (KMCWC), Hawai‘i’s leader in the care of women, infants and children (http://www.kapiolani.org). KMCWC is an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, the state of Hawai‘i’s largest health care provider.
About Ko Olina
Ko Olina is a 642-acre master-planned resort community on the western shoreline of the island of O‘ahu. Resort partners include the iconic J.W. Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa, Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club, Marriott’s most successful vacation club product in the world, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, Disney’s first family destination resort in Hawai‘i, the Ko Olina Beach Villas luxury condominium residences, Ko Olina Golf Club and the state-of-the-art Ko Olina Marina. The resort, known as O‘ahu's most engaging visitor destination, also features four pristine oceanfront lagoons connected by 1.5 miles of shoreline pathways, access to a diverse selection of ocean and outdoor activities and the island’s best weather. For more information, visit http://www.koolina.com.
# # #