This tour has been incredible so far," said Pickler. "And I’m honored to be back in the Middle East, visiting and performing for troops, and bringing some much-needed cheer to all of those who are away from their loved ones this holiday...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) December 24, 2013
Twitter Pitch: @KelliePickler brings #USOmoments to life on @the_USO holiday tour to Middle East!
Country music singer/songwriter Kellie Pickler is back at it again - this time celebrating the holidays alongside troops and bringing the USO’s “Every Moment Counts” campaign to life as part of her seventh USO/Armed Forces Entertainment tour. On a mission to share, give and take a moment to thank service members for their sacrifice as well as encourage the nation to support the USO’s national, year-round initiative, Pickler is visiting troops stationed in two countries in just nine days.
- Six days into the moment-filled USO holiday tour, the singer has visited with, dined alongside and performed for hundreds of troops stationed at the 386th Air Expeditionary Wing as well as Forward Operating Bases (FOBs) Walton, Pasab, Lindsey and Simmons in the Middle East.
- Busy bringing the USO’s “Every Moment Counts” campaign to life, Pickler traveled to two remote forward operation bases on Christmas Eve and helped USO volunteers deliver hundreds of gifts to 800 service members as part of the 2013 USO Christmas Convoy. Among the items she helped deliver to FOB Lindsey and Simmons were a TV, an Xbox, video games, movies, cameras, cell phones and USO Care Packages.
- Designed to bring a touch of holiday happiness to troops stationed in the most isolated front line outposts where the small comforts of home are especially hard to come by, the USO Holiday Convoy has been in operation since 2010. This year’s sponsors include Activision, EA Sports, Lockheed Martin, Bank of America, and the New York Yankees in conjunction with USO Metro New York.
- Apart from the Convoy, Pickler is also scheduled to perform a total of five USO shows, visit a military hospital and spend quality time with troops at a USO center, among other activities.
- A long time supporter of America’s armed forces, the songstress volunteered in February 2012 to help out with the USO’s “Ladies Night” program - a monthly event hosted by USO centers in the Middle East that give female troops a chance to bond and pamper themselves. Backed by a team of her sponsors, Pickler wrapped up some of her favorite girlie items and sent them overseas for a special Valentine’s Day edition of “Ladies Night.” She then popped in for several virtual visits via Skype, where she chatted with servicewomen.
- Adding to her long list of good deeds, Pickler auctioned off her 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn truck (courtesy of Ram) and donated the proceeds, totaling more than $35,000, to the USO in support of USO Warrior and Family Care programs and services.
- Since first volunteering with the USO in December 2007, Pickler has now participated in seven USO tours and 75 USO appearances (to include meet-and-greets, autograph signings, performances and hospital visits). She has also entertained more than 30,000 troops stationed in eight countries. Among the countries she has visited are Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Germany, the United Kingdom, Kosovo and Bahrain.
- Over the course of three albums, hundreds of concert appearances, and a breathtaking 2013 win on ABC’s “Dancing with the Stars,” Pickler’s career has flourished since her breakout presence on “American Idol.” The singer/songwriter released her fourth album, The Woman I Am, featuring her current hit single “Little Bit Gypsy,” on Veterans Day 2013.
- The USO kicked off the “Every Moment Counts” campaign on Veterans Day 2013 with help from American pop singer/songwriter Jason Derulo. The campaign encourages the public to visit USOmoments.org and “Take a Moment” to thank our troops and learn more about the challenges they and their families face, or “Give a Moment” by donating to the USO to help provide the resources that support our troops and their families at centers around the world.
Attributed to Kellie Pickler:
“This tour has been incredible so far and I’m honored to be back in the Middle East, visiting and performing for troops, and bringing some much-needed cheer to all of those who are away from their loved ones this holiday. I’ve been looking forward to this trip since I returned home from my last USO tour. It’s been great to be a part of the USO’s Every Moment Counts campaign for this tour.”
USO Tour Photos: uso.box.com/Pickler2013
USO Fact Sheet: http://bit.ly/yaebvo
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America¹s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, Clear Channel, The Coca-Cola Company, jcpenney, Jeep, Kangaroo Express, Kroger, Lowe’s, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Procter & Gamble, and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, The Boeing Company, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation and TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this patriotic mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.
About Kellie Pickler
Kellie Pickler grew up immersed in country music in the small town of Albemarle, North Carolina with the words of Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, and Dolly Parton shaping her musical footing. At the age of 19, she gained fame as a contestant on the fifth season of “American Idol.” In 2006, she signed with 19 Recordings/BNA Records and released her debut album, Small Town Girl, which has gone on to sell more than 900,000 copies worldwide and produce three hit singles: “Red High Heels,” “I Wonder,” and “Things That Never Cross a Man’s Mind.” She followed that in 2008 with her self-titled sophomore record, featuring country radio hits “Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful,” “Best Days of Your Life” (co-written with Taylor Swift and her first Top 10), and “Didn’t You Know How Much I Loved You.” Having established herself as not only a powerful vocalist but also a songwriter, Pickler released her third studio album, 100 Proof, in 2011 to huge critical acclaim. The album was named the No. 1 Country Album of The Year by Rolling Stone and was listed on “Best of 2012” lists by Washington Post, Rhapsody, AOL’s The Boot and more. In spring of 2013, Pickler partnered with dance coach Derek Hough and won the Mirror Ball Trophy on “Dancing with the Stars.” In November 2013, Pickler released her new album, The Woman I Am, on her new label home, Black River Entertainment. The album, which has received strong critical acclaim, contains her current hit single “Little Bit Gypsy” as well as her first single, “Someone Somewhere Tonight.” The video of that song (featuring Pickler and Hough) was nominated for an American Country Award for Music Video of the Year: Female. Pickler is also an avid supporter of the U.S. military, preparing to embark on her seventh USO Tour. For more information, please visit http://www.kelliepickler.com.