Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) July 01, 2013
Care Continuum Alliance seeks nominations from members for its 2013 Board of Directors. CCA’s Volunteer Board is comprised of population health industry leaders. CCA Board members serve as industry champions and spokespersons and also shape organizational direction and policies. Care Continuum Alliance seeks industry leaders with the appropriate skills and leadership abilities to guide efforts to align all stakeholders toward improving the health of populations.
Please assist us by nominating individuals who would add value to the Board and who would be interested in this service opportunity to the population health community. A Nominating Committee will review nominations and forward the names of selected nominees to the Board. Final approval is given by membership at the Annual Business Meeting, held in conjunction with Forum 2013 in Scottsdale, AZ October 23 – 25.
The criteria by which potential candidates are considered and judged include:
1. Care Continuum Alliance membership;
2. Recognized leadership position within organization and/or industry. Leadership is intended to include not only those with C-suite status, but also others demonstrating thought leadership among industry stakeholders;
3. Engagement in population health improvement industry;
4. Willingness to participate actively in and to support Care Continuum Alliance activities through personal involvement in at least one committee and, if an organizational member, through appointment of other organizational personnel to appropriate committee memberships, as well as to assist with development efforts in support of Care Continuum Alliance events and activities, requiring 60-80 hours of participation per year; and
5. Bring diversity of membership to the Board of Directors; in particular, ability to assist Care Continuum Alliance in expanding affiliations with the provider and HIT communities and other stakeholder groups to extend our influence and constituent input for our collective population health improvement missions.
Board members serve two-year terms and are expected to attend all Board activities and participate actively on committees and with fundraising. Nominations should include a comprehensive biography of the nominee. Please send nominations to Fred Goldstein, Interim Executive Director. Nominations must be received by Friday, July 19, 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
# # #
About the Care Continuum Alliance
The Care Continuum Alliance represents more than 200 organizations and individuals and aligns all stakeholders on the care continuum toward improving population health. Through advocacy, research and education, the Care Continuum Alliance advances strategies to improve care quality and outcomes and reduce preventable costs for the well and those with and at risk of chronic conditions. Learn more at http://www.carecontinuumalliance.org.