Orlando, FL (PRWEB) July 01, 2013
The Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission (EDC) is accepting nominations for the annual William C. Schwartz Industry Innovation Awards. Innovative companies will have the opportunity to nominate themselves or others until Thursday, August 1, 2013.
Named after the late William C. Schwartz, a pioneer within the field of laser technology, the awards ceremony will recognize one innovative company from each county in the region – Orange, Seminole, Lake and Osceola – as well as the City of Orlando and the Florida High Tech Corridor that have successfully created, developed and implemented innovative products, ideas and processes.
“Innovation and technology are two components that drive our expanding economy,” says Metro Orlando EDC President & CEO Rick Weddle. “These awards offer us a chance to recognize innovation and to stimulate future advancements in the region.”
The winners will be honored at an awards luncheon on Thursday, September 26, 2013, at the Full Sail Live venue.
Criteria for evaluating nominations include:
- Extent and significance of the corporate innovation impact on the region;
- Extent and significance of the corporate innovation impact on the company or the employees;
- Overall contribution to Metro Orlando’s competitiveness;
- Actual and future return on investment;
- Impact of patents, copyrights and trademarks relevant to achievements;
- Innovation’s impact on the region’s prestige through national and international recognition or significant benefits to society in general;
- Vision created by the individual or the team and the development and execution of a plan to accomplish the vision;
- Degree of resolve, persistence, barriers overcome, risk-taking and methods of risk management shown by the individual or the team in the innovative process;
- Evidence of extraordinary achievement and of entrepreneurial skills demonstrated relevant to cited achievements to make the innovation a success;
- Evidence regarding the environment and/or culture created to enable effective use of the innovation in meeting customer needs.
For more information on the nomination process, visit http://www.orlandoedc.com/schwartz2013/.
About the Metro Orlando EDC
The Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission (EDC) is a not-for-profit, private/public partnership. The EDC serves Orange, Seminole, Lake and Osceola counties and the City of Orlando in Florida. Since its start in 1977, the EDC, with the support of its community partners, has assisted thousands of companies relocate, expand and grow in the four-county Metro Orlando (Florida) region. This has led to the creation of more than 173,000 jobs; over $9.4 billion in capital investment; and more than 78.8 million square feet of office and industrial space leased or constructed. For more information, visit http://www.OrlandoEDC.com.