New York, NY (PRWEB) July 01, 2013
The Mashies recognizes exceptional creative thinking and problem solving in marketing across new media and digital platforms from 2013.
“This year has been a record year for digital marketing; corporate leaders in the industry as well as independent users alike demonstrated that digital marketing is the ultimate frontier for innovation,” said Todd Wasserman, Business Editor, Mashable. “There is no longer a one-way conversation with consumers. In such an environment, we think marketers deserve kudos for making right calls and applying creative solutions.”
The Mashies celebrates those who do digital marketing best. Agencies, brands, creatives, designers and leaders in digital are invited to submit their work for consideration. The Mashies will honor projects launched between May 2012 and July 2013.
Winners will be selected by both Mashable’s editorial team and a curated panel of the most interesting and innovative minds in advertising, public relations, and marketing including Sarah Hofstetter, President, 360i; Ian Schafer, President, Deep Focus; Linda Kaplan Thaler, Chairman, Publicis Kaplan Thaler; and Liz Kaplow, President, CEO, Kaplow PR; and more to be announced soon.
The Mashies are divided into six categories: Digital Marketing, Social Media, Multimedia, Branding, The Big Winners and The Community Awards.
● Best Real-Time Marketing - The best branded digital response to events as they’re happening
● Best New Brand - Best use of digital marketing to raise awareness and engagement for an
● Best Digital Agency - Best digital marketing created by a single agency across multiple
● Best Public Service Announcement - Best public service campaign with a major digital
component that raises awareness and fosters engagement and action
● Best Social Media Campaign - The best use of all social channels to foster engagement,
awareness and community
● Best Use of Twitter - Best use of 140 characters or fewer and unique voice to foster
awareness, engagement or community for a Twitter campaign
● Best Use of Facebook - The best use of a Facebook page to creatively foster engagement,
awareness or community
● Best Use of Pinterest - The branded Pinterest campaign with the most shareable images and
● Best Viral Video - The most creative, inspiring or humorous branded video that is shared
frequently and viewed more than 1 million times
● Best Video Series - Best sequence of three or more videos created for a brand
● Best YouTube Brand Channel - Branded YouTube channel with the best combination of
creative videos, shareable content, engagement (via likes or comments), video views and
● Best Branded Vine - Most creative and engaging branded Vine video with a strong combination
of likes and comments
● Best use of GIFs - Most creative use of a GIF with high shareability and humor to raise brand
awareness and engagement
● Best Branded Content Series - The best branded content that reaches objectives of raising
brand awareness or positive perception
● Best Branded App - Most creative app that serves high utility and has high download numbers,
while filling an advertising/branding objective for the brand
● Best in Show - Overall best digital marketing across all campaigns and mediums
● Rising Star - Overall best new brand or agency to effectively use digital marketing
● Digital Marketing Innovator of the Year - Digital marketing campaign that uses innovative
tactics to raise engagement, brand sentiment or awareness
The Community Awards
Celebrating the more lighthearted side of the Internet*.
● Best Meme - Best use of a meme (either pre-existing or original) to spark engagement and
discussion through humor and creativity
● Best Twitter Parody - The Twitter account that most accurately and humorously parodies an
actual brand, person or other personality
● Best Tumblr Account - The most creative, humorous or viral Tumblr account
*Submissions are nominated by Mashable staff and then voted on by the Mashable community
Submissions must be entered by August 15, 2013. The Mashies winners will be announced in October at Mashable’s awards ceremony.
Sponsorships for The Mashies are available, if interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mashable is a leading source for news, information and resources for the Connected Generation. Mashable reports on the importance of digital innovation and how it empowers and inspires people around the world. Mashable’s 25 million unique visitors and 11 million social media followers have become one of the most engaged online news communities. Founded in 2005, Mashable is headquartered in New York City with an office in San Francisco.