Be a Local Hero with the 30 Days Foundation

Minneapolis Northwest is helping to promote an initiative for the 30 Days Foundation to benefit Cross Food Shelf.

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friend

Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) July 02, 2013

Minneapolis Northwest is happy to announce an upcoming event benefitting the 30-Days Foundation and Cross Food Shelf. The fundraising event on July 18 stands to break a world record: the most people wearing Super-Hero capes in one place. A big photo with everyone wearing the capes will be taken at 7:30 p.m.

Minneapolis is excited for such a great event to be happening locally, “Bring your super hero attitude and purchase a cape (a donation) at Summer Faire at The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove where crowds will gather to set a World Record for the most ‘Super Heroes’ gathered in one place.”

The event will be held at the Shoppes at Arbor Lakes and will feature great food, music by the Irresistibles (featuring Mick Sterling, founder of the 30-Days Foundation) and plenty of fun family activities. Capes will be provided to participants but they are also welcome to bring their own.

The admission is free but donations will be gratefully accepted. 70 percent of the funds raised will benefit the Cross Food Shelf, the largest food pantry in the North Metro Area. For more information about Cross Food Shelf, visit http://www.crossfoodshelf.com/index.html. The remaining 30 percent of funds will benefit the 30-Days Foundation. The 30-Days Foundation celebrates the simple act of kindness by providing one-time grants for people in financial and personal crisis, made payable only to the service provider for those requesting assistance.

For more information about the event, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/134959730037264/?ref=22.

About the company:
Minneapolis Northwest Convention & Visitors Bureau represents the vibrant cities of Brooklyn Center, Brooklyn Park and Maple Grove, Minnesota, located just minutes northwest from downtown Minneapolis. The Minneapolis Northwest area makes for a convenient and easy drive in and out of the city and projects a hometown feel with unique restaurants, local entertainment, lively attractions, tax-free shopping, and MORE right in its own “backyard”. Visit http://www.minneapolisnorthwest.com/ for more information.


Contact