Gatlinburg, TN (PRWEB) July 05, 2013
Christmas Expo returns to the Gatlinburg Convention Center in Gatlinburg, TN Thursday, July 11, through Saturday, July 13. The three day conference will draw Christmas home-decorating enthusiasts, professional decorators, consultants and vendors nationwide and features shopping, educational seminars, a Grammy-nominated singer, special guests and a first look at the top holiday products arriving in stores this fall.
Joyce Perhac and her sister Janice Blasko have teamed up to produce this holiday lights event. The pair combined has extensive event management and marketing experience, as well as a strong love for all things Christmas. They inherited show management duties from creator Chuck Smith, a Christmas lights expert, who has been featured in the national media for his popular over-the-top light displays.
“Our goal is to build on the great base that Chuck has established and to continue to expand this show into the country’s premier Christmas event,” states Perhac. “From the avid home decorator to the professional, there is something for everyone at this year’s event,” adds Perhac.
A few of the vendors appearing at Christmas Expo 2013 include:
- 3G Lighting Creations – Three generation family owned business specializing in Christmas decorations.
- Action Lighting – A one stop lighting shop for both commercial and retail buyers.
- Christmas Designers, Inc. - One of the frontrunners in the holiday design and decorating industry with everything from lights to ornaments, banners and more.
- Christmas Done Bright – Tennessee-based company specializing in high quality LED outdoor decorations and lights.
- Christmas Light Show – Everything you need to create an amazing static display or an awesome light show. Creator of Virtual Santa.
- Creative Displays, Inc. – One of the largest factory direct importers of holiday lighting supplies in the Midwest. Has been seen on ABC’s Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
- Light O Rama – Light-O-Rama is a leading manufacturer and retailer of systems used to create animated shows involving lights, music and motion.
- Reinders – a direct importer and wholesale distributor of seasonal lighting and accessories, including the new RGB LED light products.
- Universal Concepts – a leader in the lighting industry creating designs to fit every budget, including unique drive-through light festivals for all occasions.
- Winterland, Inc. – the largest producer of holiday light parks in the U.S., Winterland also brings commercial grade decorations to home decorators.
Christmas Expo offers a full slate of educational courses for both the enthusiast and professional decorator. Classes include seminars on computer animation (anybody can do it!), how to produce a big display on a small budget, Santa 101, animated water fountains, how to get started with animated shows, storytelling, animatronics and more.
Another highlight of the event is a concert by Grammy nominated artist Judy Pancoast. In 2011, she received a Grammy nomination in the Best Children’s Album category for a project called Weird Things are Everywhere, but she’s probably best known by adult audiences for her Christmas hit “The House on Christmas Street,” which can be heard on radio stations nationwide during the holiday season. Pancoast will perform on Saturday afternoon at Christmas Expo.
Perhac adds the show is scheduled right in the heart of summer, mid-July, to allow both professionals and home decorators ample time to plan and prepare for the upcoming season.
Christmas Expo is open to the public. Show hours are 9 am to 5 pm daily. General Admission to the vendor area is $8.00 per person and includes free admission to the following classes: “Becoming Santa,” “Preparing for Santa’s Visit,” and “How to Develop and Tell Your Own Family Stories” (check the schedule for times). A $4.00 off General Admission coupon is available on the http://www.ChristmasExpo.com website. In addition, single-day and 3-day passes are available for anyone wishing to attend the specialized classes.
To learn more about Christmas Expo or to register online, visit http://www.ChristmasExpo.com. The show will be held at the Gatlinburg Convention Center located at 920 Parkway in Gatlinburg, TN, 37738.