(PRWEB) July 04, 2013
Contestants were offered the chance to win 2 weeks voluntourism experiences in Thailand.
The contest attracted over 4,500 participants from 68 countries. The top 5 represented countries included: 1) The United States of America, 2) United Kingdom, 3) Australia, 4) Thailand, and 5) Indonesia.
The 10 lucky finalists (5 Thais & 5 Foreigners), who will have a life changing experience for 2-weeks in Thailand, are:
Finalists for “Responsible Eco-Tourism and Marine Conservation, Phuket”
- Ms. Wimalin Chalermporn from Chachoengsao, Thailand
- Mr. Richard Brownsdon from United Kingdom
Finalists for “Caring for Rescued Wildlife, Petchburi”
- Mr. Rachan Lappanich from Bangkok, Thailand
- Ms. Amelita Novriani from Indonesia
Finalists for “Community Development along the beach, Phang Nga”
- Mr. Esa Chitorsor from Phuket, Thailand
- Mr. Abd Rahman M from Indonesia
Finalists for “Communitry Development for Hill Tribes, Chiang Rai”
- Mr. Pitchawut Virutamawongsefrom Nonthaburi, Thailand
- Ms. Danielle Garafola from United States of America
Finalists for “Marine Conservation at Koh Talu, Prachuap Khiri Khan”
- Mr. Tom Barrett from Bangkok, Thailand
- Ms. Nguyen Thi Thanh Thuy Nguyen from Vietnam
To win the competition, the voluntourists will share their experiences through blogs and other social media, and the team receiving the highest number of votes for their blog will receive $5,000 USD to contribute to the community.
So stay tuned and vote for them through their blogs. Help choose one of your favorite teams become the winners of the campaign.
Let’s vote for them here: http://www.thelittlebigprojectthailand.com/blog