Your RV has to stand out from the rest of the crowd to get noticed.
Phoenix, AZ (PRWEB) July 08, 2013
SellMyRVToday.com, the number one RV purchaser in the nation, has issued a list of items to consider for those selling a recreational vehicle and considering consignment RV sales. Whether an owner is selling an RV to make some extra money, or because he or she wants to purchase a new motorhome, a plan must be made on how to get rid of the old one. There are several options for trading or selling an RV, but first the owner must designate a price. In order to actually get the asking price, the RV must be prepared to sell. Here are some helpful hints that SellMyRVToday.com offers those who are looking to sell an RV:
Examine the Engine:
- The engine should be clean and dry, and there should be no evidence of leakage or breakage in any lines.
- The engine should run smoothly and quietly.
- It should be powerful, with no delays when accelerating.
- No smoke should be visible coming from the engine compartment.
- All fluids, including the engine oil, the coolant, the brake fluid, power steering fluid, etc., should all be at normal levels.
Examine the Exterior and Address any Superficial Items:
- All of the exterior finish should be cleaned and polished.
- Inspect the unit for any surface scratches and correct them.
- Check the unit for any corrosion, fixing small areas with a wire brush and spray paint where applicable.
- Check the condition of the tires, and make sure they are filled to the proper level.
Go Over the Interior:
- Vacuum the carpeting and upholstery. If they are very soiled, you may consider having a professional clean them.
- Make sure the refrigerator and the oven are both cleaned and sanitized. It may be necessary to place a box of baking soda in the fridge to absorb any residual odors.
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize the bathroom, making sure that there are no issues with the plumbing.
- Clean and deodorize the water and sewage holding tanks.
- It is a good idea to make up the beds in with nice linens and coverings, and indicate whether or not they will be included in the sales price.
- Make sure that the curtains are vacuumed and free of any dust.
- Make sure that all of the batteries remain fully charged.
- Make sure to keep some water in the freshwater holding tank.
- Fill propane tanks if needed.
Gerard Pedata of SellMyRVToday.com said, “If someone wants to try to sell their RV on consignment, we can help them do it, but common sense will tell them that their RV will be in competition with several others.” Pedata continues, “Your RV has to stand out from the rest of the crowd to get noticed, so you need to put some elbow grease into the preparation to sell it, unless you want to give us a call and let us just come buy it from you as is. That is the way to save all of the hassle of selling a motorhome.”
SellMyRVToday.com is devoted to one thing; purchasing used RVs quickly and efficiently. They are a website run by one of the largest RV buyers in the country. Just one phone call and you can sell your used RV on the spot. They specialize in buying late model (2002 or newer) recreational vehicles and motorhomes including: Class A, Class B, Class C, Diesel Pushers, etc. SellMyRVToday.com will issue you a fair offer right over the phone, and if that offer is accepted, they will deliver certified funds to you within 2 to 3 days and drive the RV away.