Wellesley, MA (PRWEB) July 08, 2013
Sokolove Law, a leader in helping people obtain access to the civil justice system, today provides five important tips when choosing a mesothelioma lawyer. With more than 30 years of experience in pursuing asbestos claims, Sokolove Law has helped recover over $5 billion for victims of mesothelioma in the last five years alone.
“While choosing a mesothelioma lawyer is a personal decision for those affected by this rare and deadly cancer, it’s important for victims and their families to hire an attorney with a successful track record of obtaining justice and compensation in these types of cases,” said Ricky LeBlanc, Managing Attorney at Sokolove Law. “The following tips may help mesothelioma victims with the process of finding an attorney that best suits their individual needs and circumstances.”
1. Be comfortable: You should be comfortable working with your mesothelioma lawyer; this attorney represents you. Throughout the process, you will be in frequent contact with your mesothelioma attorney and their paralegals. It should be important to have a relationship based on mutual trust, understanding and respect.
2. Experience in asbestos litigation: Your lawyer should have significant experience in litigating not only asbestos cases, but actual mesothelioma cases. Mesothelioma cases can be complicated; therefore it is critical to work with an attorney who has represented many other clients with mesothelioma.
3. Network of Lawyers: Ask if the lawyer has a network of attorneys who can handle your case no matter what state it should be filed in to maximize your recovery. The state that may provide you with the maximum compensation is likely not the one closest to you and you want a lawyer who can represent you in the court where your case should be filed, wherever that is.
4. Lawyer fees and costs: You likely want a lawyer that works on a “contingency” basis. This means that they only get paid if they recover money on your behalf from your mesothelioma case. You’ll want to work with a lawyer who advances all of the expenses on your behalf and doesn’t ask you for payment up front.
5. Trust your instincts: Most experienced mesothelioma attorneys charge a contingent fee of forty percent of the recovery. Working with someone who charges less may be an indication that they are more interested in just getting a case than helping you.
“When speaking with victims or their loved ones, we emphasize how critical it is to work with an experienced mesothelioma lawyer as asbestos litigation can be complex, and the fact that different states have different statutes and requirements adds to that complexity,” adds LeBlanc. “The attorneys we work with make it a priority to keep up with the latest research, legal opinions and case law involving mesothelioma and asbestos.”
Sokolove Law and its mesothelioma attorneys know how to help victims of asbestos exposure get justice and compensation. The firm’s nationwide network of mesothelioma attorneys helps provide equal access to the nation’s court system – regardless of income or race. For more information, education and resources about mesothelioma, legal rights and compensation, Sokolove Law asks victims, their families and caregivers to visit http://www.mesotheliomahelpnow.com.
About Sokolove Law
Sokolove Law provides quality legal services that help people obtain access to the civil justice system. With over 30 years of service, Sokolove Law has helped thousands of injured parties obtain the compensation they deserve from their legal claims. Case types we handle include mesothelioma, cerebral palsy and other birth injuries, nursing home abuse, dangerous drugs, disability insurance denial, and medical malpractice. Sokolove Law has 47 offices nationwide. For more information on Sokolove Law, please visit http://www.sokolovelaw.com or follow us on Twitter @SokoloveLaw.