Nashville, Tennessee (PRWEB) July 09, 2013
Today Kroll released "Cyber Security and Investigations: Looking Beyond the Headlines to Effectively Safeguard Data," a Special Report covering some of the major challenges currently facing individuals, businesses and government bodies when it comes to protecting their data. One of several special reports from Kroll, this volume features a collection of articles composed by highly experienced Kroll cyber experts in data breach investigations and prevention, offering practical tips for bolstering safeguards across often overlooked areas of data security.
The report features five concise articles designed to help organizations balance the need to protect sensitive electronic data with the ability to share information and to respond effectively should something go wrong. They include:
- "Ideology-driven hacking presages difficult-to-fight data attacks" explores the emergence of a new breed of hackers—data destroyers.
- "A common sense approach to limiting cyber liability" takes a look at the added risks caused by some of the “extra” services that are often offered by technology providers.
- "The Insider Threat: Why Chinese hacking may be the least of corporate worries" examines how the focus on Chinese hacking is causing us to lose sight of a bigger threat to cyber security—Corporate Insiders.
- "Corporate Social Networking Sites: Controlling Access and Ownership" discusses the recent controversy regarding rights of company-related social media platforms.
- "Securing your company from cyber crime" is a Q&A with Michael DuBose and Timothy Ryan in which the two experts walk readers through cyber threats to critical business assets.
To download a copy of the full report, please visit: http://www.krollcybersecurity.com/white-papers/beyond-the-headlines.
Kroll, the global leader in risk mitigation and response, delivers a wide range of solutions that span investigations, due diligence, compliance, cyber security and physical security. Clients partner with Kroll for the highest-value intelligence and insight to drive the most confident decisions about protecting their companies, assets and people.
Kroll is recognized for its expertise, with 40 years of experience meeting the demands of dynamic businesses and their environments around the world. Headquartered in New York with offices in 29 cities across 17 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of 700 employees. Learn more at http://www.krollcybersecurity.com.