The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to those of food poisoning or flu which means it can be difficult to detect.
(PRWEB UK) 11 July 2013
The fire brigade were called out to a house in Wisbech after the household’s carbon monoxide alarm alerted the resident to carbon monoxide, reports Fenland Citizen on July 3. After the resident was told to vacate the property, the fire services entered the property using breathing equipment and found that the poisonous gas was leaking from a faulty boiler. The resident was treated by paramedics at the scene.
Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that is odourless, colourless and tasteless, making it difficult to detect. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to those of food poisoning or flu which increases the difficulty in detecting the gas. The principal symptoms are headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.
We Fix Now provide electricians and plumbers in Hounslow, throughout the M25 and surrounding counties, and can also sort problems with gas. A representative for the company commented on the importance of installing a carbon monoxide alarm and maintaining gas appliances:
“This recent news story highlights how important it is to have a carbon monoxide alarm installed in the home. However, having a carbon monoxide alarm fitted is no substitute for having gas appliances checked regularly. Gas appliances should be regularly checked by a Gas Safe Registered engineer, such as the ones provided by We Fix Now, to ensure that all gas appliances are working correctly.”
We Fix Now is a London-based company providing emergency plumbers and electricians throughout the M25 and surrounding counties. Renowned for their fast and effective service, the firm also specialise in unblocking drains, fixing central heating and boilers and sorting problems with gas. With a strong focus on customer service, We Fix Now prides itself on providing fully qualified and experienced engineers day and night, every day of the year.