Rockville, MD (PRWEB) July 19, 2013
“Fish and Seafood Trends in the U.S.”, a just-released report from Packaged Facts, covers the market for fish and seafood products sold through all types of retail outlets, including supermarkets, discount stores and supercenters, warehouse clubs, and mass merchandisers, as well as convenience stores, drugstores, health and natural food stores, dollar stores, farms and farmers markets. The markets for fresh, refrigerated, frozen, and shelf-stable fish and seafood, in both processed and unprocessed forms are covered, as well as their usage in the foodservice industry.
Market estimates within this report were based on both public and syndicated data sources. Packaged Facts analyzes available sales and trend data, together with information pertaining to those products that move through unmonitored outlets, to estimate the total meat and poultry market size. Primary data sources include:
•A proprietary Packaged Facts National Online Consumer Survey completed in June 2013.
•IRI sales tracking through U.S. supermarkets and grocery stores, drugstores, and mass merchandisers (including Target and Kmart, but excluding Walmart) with annual sales of $2 million or more. The data used in the report is for the 52-week period ending Feb 24, 2013.
- Seafood catch and market data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Census Bureau retail food sales data from the Economic Census surveys, annual retail channel sales, non-employer statistics
- U.S. Bureau of Economic analysis annual estimates for consumer spending by food type
- Data from individual company annual reports, trade and general business publications
- Consumer demographics data from the 12-Month Fall 2012 Simmons National Consumer Survey Adult Study Base from Experian Marketing Services.
Information on new product introductions was derived from an examination of the retail milieu and from relevant trade, business, and government sources, including company literature, websites, and annual reports. For more information, please visit http://www.MarketResearch.com or http://www.packagedfacts.com/Fish-Seafood-Trends-7649917/
About Packaged Facts – Packaged Facts, a division of MarketResearch.com, publishes market intelligence on a wide range of consumer market topics, including consumer demographics and shopper insights, consumer financial products and services, consumer goods and retailing, consumer packaged goods (including foods and beverages, health and beauty care, and household products), and pet products and services. Packaged Facts also offers a full range of custom research services. To learn more, visit: http://www.packagedfacts.com. Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and on our blog: http://packagedfacts.blogspot.com/