Washington, D.C. (PRWEB) July 15, 2013
Thanks to generous sponsors who support the work and mission of the National Council on Problem Gambling (NCPG), a record-breaking $325,000 in direct and in-kind support has been contributed for NCPG's 27th National Conference on Problem Gambling. Of special note is the number of sponsorships from Tribal Nations this year—including five from Washington State and others from California, Michigan and Connecticut.
“Without this high level of sponsorship for the conference, we would not be able to bring in so many leaders in our field as presenters to share best practices and cutting edge research and information on treatment, prevention, and responsible gaming,” said Maureen Greeley, Executive Director of the Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling, this year’s conference host. “We want to thank all of the sponsors for their support, especially our partners in Washington State, which is critical not only to the success of the conference, but to strengthening the knowledge in our field.”
“We’re very impressed with the response from a broad cross-section of sponsors,” said Keith Whyte, Executive Director of the National Council on Problem Gambling. “State lotteries, tribal casinos, commercial casinos, gaming manufacturers, and treatment providers from across the country have all come together to help ensure that the conference can provide the newest developments on problem gambling to all the stakeholders.”
The sponsors for the National Conference on Problem Gambling include:
- Platinum Peak Sponsors – Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling, Four Winds Casino Resort, GTECH, IGT, Oregon Health Authority & Oregon Council on Problem Gambling, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians, The Tulalip Tribes
- Golden Eagle Guardians – AGEM, Mohegan Sun, Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino
- Silver Salmon Sponsor – British Columbia Lottery Corporation
- Bronze Big Leaf Maple Sponsors – Caesars Entertainment, Hoosier Lottery, Minnesota Lottery, Northstar Lottery Group
- Copper River Contributors – Bridgeway Recovery Services, C.A.R.E. Treatment Center, Muckleshoot Indian Tribe, Nisqually Indian Tribe, Project Turnabout, Providence St. Peter Chemical Dependency Center, Suquamish Tribe, Upper Skagit Indian Tribe, Washington’s Lottery
- Pewter Sea Star Patron – North Carolina Education Lottery
- Wi-Fi Sponsor – The Rational Group
- Training Sponsors – APGSA, The Bettor Choice Agencies, Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling, Iowa Department of Public Health, Penn National Gaming Foundation, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery
The national conference will take place at the Doubletree by Hilton at Seattle Airport from July 17-20.
“We’re very excited to be able to serve as host of the national conference,” Greeley added. “The meeting is a great opportunity for those who work on problem and responsible gambling around the country and the world to hear about the latest developments and discuss ways to raise awareness of this ‘hidden addiction.’”
NCPG is the national advocate for problem gamblers and their families. NCPG is neutral on legalized gambling and works with all stakeholders to promote responsible gaming. For more information on the 27th National Conference on Problem Gambling, visit http://www.ncpgambling.org/conference. To learn more about the Evergreen Council on Problem Gambling, go to http://www.evergreencpg.org.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call the National Problem Gambling Helpline Network at 800.522.4700 for confidential help.
National Council on Problem Gambling