Outdoor Furniture Leader, Summer Classics Agrees to Buy Remaining Shares of Parker James, a Boutique Outdoor Furniture Brand

Share Article

Summer Classics, Inc., one of the leading manufacturers of high quality casual and outdoor furniture in the United States, announced today an agreement in principle with Jim Parker, CEO and 60% owner of Parker International, LLC, to acquire all of Parker’s ownership in Parker International. Parker International operates under the trade name Parker James.

Parker James outdoor furniture from the Terrazza Collection

Harold Hudson said “[Parker James] has a strong history with Summer Classics, and the market it serves has great growth potential in the coming years.”

Summer Classics, Inc., one of the leading manufacturers of high quality casual and outdoor furniture in the United States, announced today an agreement in principle with Jim Parker, CEO and 60% owner of Parker International, LLC, to acquire all of Parker’s ownership in Parker International. Parker International operates under the trade name Parker James. Summer Classics presently owns the remaining 40% of Parker International, and will operate Parker International as a subsidiary of Summer Classics. The transaction is expected to close in the next 45 days. Terms of the transaction are private.

    “We appreciate the fine business organization and loyal customer base that Jim Parker has built for Parker International over the last 11 years of its existence and look forward to carrying on the tradition of high quality that Jim has established,” said Bew White, III, CEO of Summer Classics. Harold Hudson, Sr. VP of Marketing, National Accounts for Summer Classics and an employee of Summer Classics for more than 20 years, will oversee the daily operations of Parker International. Jim Parker will assist in the transition in ownership, which is expected to flow smoothly.

    Harold Hudson said “I am looking forward to this future with Parker James. It has a strong history with Summer Classics, and the market it serves has great growth potential in the coming years.”

Parker James designs and manufactures casual furnishings for leading U.S. retailers and design professionals throughout North America. PJ seamlessly combines the best available materials and finishes to produce authentic, comfortable, timeless furniture built to last.

Summer Classics is a premier innovator, manufacturer, and retailer of fine outdoor furniture in the U.S. For over a quarter century, the family owned company has aimed to delight its customers by passionately designing patio furniture from the belief that timeless designs can and will be embraced for years. Life's best moments. Furnished.™

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Rob Robinson

Rob Robinson
Follow us on
Visit website